Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best fat burner for over 40

hertzdonut

New to the site and love the vast amount of info I have been able to read so far. I will be 41 in March and have had a hysterectomy already but was left with one ovary. I quit smoking 7 weeks ago and of course added a lot of weight so far. Prior to this I was 125 lbs with 19% BF (5'7")never lifted a weight in my life but muscular and toned, I have to say I would get asked all the time if I work out as I am lucky to have great genetics when it comes to muscle. Irrelevant point here- my 15 year old son has had a 6 pack since he was about 8 and bigger biceps than me. I am now 133 lbs (barely any of this is lean muscle) and lift weights 4 times a week, cardio for 20 mins 4 times a week and eat a 45% protein, 30% carb and 20% fat meal plan(for the most part). I keep gaining weight it seems and I am just looking bulgy and fatter...Is there anything that works along side training as a fat burner?? I keep reading Clen is bad, why? and T3 scares me because of how it can mess with the thyroid. Thank you all in advance.

Clen is garbage because of the damage it does to the heart. Something like a Sarms1 triple stack would be awesome for you to look into.
Cardarine GW 501516 20mg
Ostarine 12.5mg ED
S4 50mg ED
This is a killer stack and have seen other females have great success with sarms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Diet and training is obviously what will largely dictate your results, but GW would be an excellent addition to help shed body fat. Its the best fat loss aid Ive used. Sarms1 has very good high quality GW that will give great results

Hertz, have you actually had a full hormone panel done? If your diet is good and you're exercising theoretically things should be operating fine as long as your endocrine system is still doing it's thing. Thyroid likes to go wonky at this age -- 40 seems to be some sort of magic number for women *NOT* -- but you could be perimenopausal and not even know it with only one ovary as well.

Another point, you've only got one ovary, you don't know how well that's functioning, you could be deficient in progesterone which in turn would cause a deficiency in testosterone and would change your body composition, which is what you're describing, loss of muscle, decreased metabolism, change in fat distribution. Until you know where you stand hormonally it's a crapshoot.

I understand you want to lose fat but I think it would be a good idea to figure out why you're gaining it. And conventional medicine's response to pat a woman on the head and say "well, what do you expect, you're getting older, eat less and exercise more" is such a load of bullshit. If you replace what's lacking your body functions like it should.

Thank you. I will look further into GW as I like to research things so I know how they work and also, because I live in Canada, purchase and delivery of such products may be an issue for me.

Musclemom, I have had hormones checked and they keep coming back normal. To be honest I think the reason I lost the muscle I did have was because of my own laziness and being a smoker did not help, I noticed I started getting a belly even before I quit smoking and I do believe it had more to do with lifestyle and poor eating habits. I hate how my pant legs are extremely tight from working legs and I can feel the muscle underneath but the fat on top makes me just look heavy and chubby. My fiancé told me to stop working my legs then until I burned some fat and I don't know if this is wise or not but I listen to him as he is my trainer after all. I realize I am impatient when it comes to change but Feb is coming fast and we are off to Mexico, I would love to be able to fit my clothes when we go :)

I wouldn't stop working legs but lower the weight, increase the reps and just decrease the overall amount of work you do with them. If your hormones are normal, the answer is in your diet. Write down everything you eat for a couple of days and add it up. That's likely where you answers lie. No matter what you use to "aid" fat loss, if you don't have your diet dialed in, the results will be minimal. You could really tweak your diet for the next few weeks and get results prior to your trip.

Hertz, have you actually had a full hormone panel done? If your diet is good and you're exercising theoretically things should be operating fine as long as your endocrine system is still doing it's thing. Thyroid likes to go wonky at this age -- 40 seems to be some sort of magic number for women *NOT* -- but you could be perimenopausal and not even know it with only one ovary as well.

Another point, you've only got one ovary, you don't know how well that's functioning, you could be deficient in progesterone which in turn would cause a deficiency in testosterone and would change your body composition, which is what you're describing, loss of muscle, decreased metabolism, change in fat distribution. Until you know where you stand hormonally it's a crapshoot.

I understand you want to lose fat but I think it would be a good idea to figure out why you're gaining it. And conventional medicine's response to pat a woman on the head and say "well, what do you expect, you're getting older, eat less and exercise more" is such a load of bullshit. If you replace what's lacking your body functions like it should.

I think this is great advice. I'll be 42 this year and have really noticed changes this last year. My doctor says my hormones are normal, too, but I haven't actually asked him what he tested and what the results were and I think that's my next step. I'm curious, if nothing else.

Thank you caligirl85. I do track everything I consume as a means to keep myself accountable :) I eat a meal every 4 hours - and snack 3 times/day as that is what my work schedule allows. I have a cheat meal once per week and because I am not looking at competing, I don't think it is necessary for me to not have this cheat, but perhaps I am wrong and if I want results I have to restrict myself to a diet for someone who is pre competition?! I currently have a 1250 calorie diet. I try to do my cardio in the morning prior to eating, but to be honest I don't always follow this either. Are little tweaks like taking away cheat meal and being consistent about cardio prior to calorie intake going to make the difference for me?

I am however, considering a naturopath doctor to confirm if there are any hormonal changes as sometimes I wonder what blood work alone really can tell about hormones. I heard a spit test is a more accurate way to determine hormonal levels which is what a naturopath would conduct.

I truly appreciate everyone's time, advice and expertise in responding to me :)

cardio on a carb depleated stomach only water
no running
walk uphill fast at 3.8- 4.0 and do incline 9.0- 13.0
do it for 30 min 6x a week and you will see the power behind training like the pros do.........

good luck

Top Bottom