Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Armed civilians form border patrol to stop illegal immigrants

You realize these people harvest about 50% of your food?
So, do any of you want to stoop over all day in the hot sun picking vegetables for $2 an hour?

I don't know who is stupider: the rednecks in Arizona or most of the people that posted up on this thread.

The benefits to the American economy from having these people is TREMENDOUS. The harm they cause is negligible.

The idea of "For Americans, by Americans" is asinine considering this country was built by immigrants, especially during and after the Induistrial revolution.

A new level of stupidity is reached. Good work guys.

john937 said:
You realize these people harvest about 50% of your food?
So, do any of you want to stoop over all day in the hot sun picking vegetables for $2 an hour?

This is a long standing rumor. Their primary work is day and seasonal labor. They are not responsible for our groceries. They cleanup worksites or make Christmas wreaths. What they also "harvest" is welfare payments. 18% of all welfare payments in Texas go to illegal aliens.

ariolanine said:

This is a long standing rumor. Their primary work is day and seasonal labor. They are not responsible for our groceries. They cleanup worksites or make Christmas wreaths. What they also "harvest" is welfare payments. 18% of all welfare payments in Texas go to illegal aliens.

You are an inbred piece of camel shit.

By doing day or seasonal labor, they allow better educated and higher income people to concentrate their time and resources on higher yield stuff.

Illegal immigrants pay taxes every time they buy something, and they generate tax revenue whenever they allow other people to focus their work elsewhere.

The state of TX (or any other state) is not taking a loss on these people.

Jackass.

MattTheSkywalker said:

You are an inbred piece of camel shit.

By doing day or seasonal labor, they allow better educated and higher income people to concentrate their time and resources on higher yield stuff.

Illegal immigrants pay taxes every time they buy something, and they generate tax revenue whenever they allow other people to focus their work elsewhere.

The state of TX (or any other state) is not taking a loss on these people.

Jackass.

Not every state has a sales tax so no they don't always pay when they buy. Your other statements make no sense. In your mind, educated people would be forced to work for shit money if the Mexicans went home. If we didn't have Mexicans, then the companies that employ them would be forced to raise wages to current market value. If they can't then they go bankrupt. That is how a free market economy works. Selling labor or anything else at below market value does nothing but hurt our economy. As to your last statement maybe the following will help.

"According to 2000 U.S. Census data, some 13.2 percent of immigrants enroll in welfare programs compared with 2.1 percent of native-born Americans. In Medicaid, 18.6 percent of immigrants participate, as opposite 12.1 percent of native-born. Mexican immigrants, who comprise the vast majority of immigrants to Texas, use food stamps at nearly twice the rate of native-born Americans and collect an average welfare payment that is 20 percent higher than those recipients.

The National Research Council found that in California, which has endured a similar flood of Mexican immigration as Texas, each native household is paying about $1,178 a year in state and local taxes to cover the gap between the services used by immigrant households and their tax receipts. Although Texas was not included in this study, there is no reason to think the reality is any different here.

Indeed, during the last three years, the Harris County Hospital District alone spent $330 million to treat and immunize illegal immigrants, estimated to be at least 20 percent of their indigent caseload. The District covers this expense through its escalating tax burden on local taxpayers and through cost-shifting to Medicaid and insured patients. The District provides not only emergency care to illegal immigrants, but also a full range of elective services, even access to its fertility clinic that is not included in the health plan for District employees. While the 700,000 illegal immigrants in Texas are only eligible for welfare if they have worked for at least ten years or received asylum, they receive free health care, food stamps, education, and nearly all other government services.

In 2002, Medicaid represented 22.6% of Texas' budget. That number is expected to increase to 23.7% in 2003 in the wake of an August 19 report by the Health and Human Services Commission concluding that, because of higher-than-planned growth in caseloads, the state's Medicaid and children's health insurance programs will cost $2.4 billion more in the next budget cycle than in the current one. Since 1987, the Texas Medicaid budget has grown 500 percent, due in large part to increased enrollment, much of it undoubtedly the result of immigration."

P.S. Whats with the hostility?? Are you gay or a beaner? Maybe both?

ariolanine said:
P.S. Whats with the hostility?? Are you gay or a beaner? Maybe both?

If you haven't noticed, MTSW is a flaming liberal/libertarian.

It takes all kinds to make this globe spin...

ariolanine said:

If we didn't have Mexicans, then the companies that employ them would be forced to raise wages to current market value. If they can't then they go bankrupt. That is how a free market economy works. Selling labor or anything else at below market value does nothing but hurt our economy.

If "there were no Mexicans" in your words, the "current market value" for those jobs would be as low as feasible. So you'd have 2 things happeneing:

1. Lower wages for Americans
2. More companies going bankrupt.

Sounds great!! LOL

By reducing the cost of unskilled labor, companies have more capital to invest elsewhere. This creates more better-paying jobs.

Hostility...I use day laborers routinely....it saves me a gherat deal of money and I get a lot done. They are a huge benefit to me and I have more money to spend elsewhere because of them.

Has this phenomenon happened to you or are you going to quote stats all day?

BTW almost every state has sales tax.

It doesn't bother me and I'm from south Texas. They seem like hardworking people to me. If they don't work they don't eat. And their family structure is very strong.

Top Bottom