Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are one armed dumbell rows as good as barbell rows...?

switch it up, one day do bb rows, then do db rows the next back day, see which one u like better, and stick with it. tbar are a must for me.

Exodus said:
i think it boils down to this. you can use more weight with bb rows. but get better rom with db. so its kinda a feel thing.

X
that sounds logical to me, but in all the years i've been training, i never got the feeling one armed rows 'did' anything for me. i would'nt feel anything, after a while my arm would just tire out and i would drop the weight.

I think it's harder to make DB Rows "work" for you as an exercise. I used to do them exclusively...in the beginning they worked, like I was doing them correctly to target back, but over the course of a few months I lost good form and didn't even realize it. Now after a few days of BB rowing I'll never go back.

-casual

personally I love one arm DB rows, lets you target the back like nothing else. when you do bent over rows your whole body is involved, and sometimes this takes away focus from your lats. plus you can row more weight/lat.

casualbb said:
I think it's harder to make DB Rows "work" for you as an exercise. I used to do them exclusively...in the beginning they worked, like I was doing them correctly to target back, but over the course of a few months I lost good form and didn't even realize it. Now after a few days of BB rowing I'll never go back.

-casual

That's because it is sooooooooooooo easy to do the movement wrong. All you have to do is turn away from the weight a fraction of an inch... and BLAMO... you can handle twice as much weight and you no longer hit the lats.

One armed dumbell rows are a devious lift.

SofaGeorge said:

funny you should mention that. I never once saw Ronnie do barbell rows with free weights. I did see him do Smith Machine rows several times.

I saw him doing one armed dumbell rows every back day.

I also saw him use the T-bar row often.

Coleman does free weight barbell rows in his video, "ronnie the invincible."

I feel barbell rows to be better if you have the form right, and they are one of my favorite exercises.

-sk

I prefer dumbbell rows because of the greater range of motion and it doesn't put stress on my lower back.

sk* said:

Coleman does free weight barbell rows in his video, "ronnie the invincible."

I feel barbell rows to be better if you have the form right, and they are one of my favorite exercises.

-sk

I see a lot of guys doing things in their videos. I'm just curios why I never see them doing in the GYM what they expouse in their videos.

If he built that back with rows... why doesn't he ever do rows?

sk* said:

Ditto
I think bb rows are extremely valuable. I feel like I'm wasting my time with DB rows. I can't remember the last time I did them.

Top Bottom