Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

precontest diet and critique of precontest pics

hoteacher

I am currently 14 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show...My trainer has me on the following diet.

Meal one:
1/4 cup steel cut oats (uncooked)
6 egg white
2 whole eggs

Meal Two-Four
Lean meat (5 oz chicken or fish)
Sweet potato, brown rice
Veggies (Green and Leafy)

Meal Five
Filet or Flank Steak
Sweet Potato
Veggies

Meal Six
Chicken or Fish
Veggies
It ads up to about 2600 calories...way too many in my opinion. I am curently at about 8 percent body fat, so i think he is not too concerned about me cutting fat. Think he will have me start cutting the carbs in the last month. Before starting this diet I will admit i was a chemical junkie...sugar free everything: syrup, chocolate sauce, jelly...and lots of lots of whey isolate protein shakes with lots and lots of splenda and lots of diet coke.

My trainer said that I can no longer have ANY of the above..only use hot sauce, mustard, and spices and lots of salt are on the new diet. HE apparently wants me holding onto alot of water.....BUT he said that using just plain Splenda in my coffee and steel cut oats is STILL OKAY?

When did you cut out SPLENDA? He said that it is still okay to use because it will hold water onto me. What do you think?

Here are my pics as well...I am working HARD to build my legs...I know it is my weakest point. Please let me know what you think.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoteacher_p/my_photos
Thanks!

hoteacher said:
I am currently 14 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show...My trainer has me on the following diet.

Meal one:
1/4 cup steel cut oats (uncooked)
6 egg white
2 whole eggs

Meal Two-Four
Lean meat (5 oz chicken or fish)
Sweet potato, brown rice
Veggies (Green and Leafy)

Meal Five
Filet or Flank Steak
Sweet Potato
Veggies

Meal Six
Chicken or Fish
Veggies
It ads up to about 2600 calories...way too many in my opinion. I am curently at about 8 percent body fat, so i think he is not too concerned about me cutting fat. Think he will have me start cutting the carbs in the last month. Before starting this diet I will admit i was a chemical junkie...sugar free everything: syrup, chocolate sauce, jelly...and lots of lots of whey isolate protein shakes with lots and lots of splenda and lots of diet coke.

My trainer said that I can no longer have ANY of the above..only use hot sauce, mustard, and spices and lots of salt are on the new diet. HE apparently wants me holding onto alot of water.....BUT he said that using just plain Splenda in my coffee and steel cut oats is STILL OKAY?

When did you cut out SPLENDA? He said that it is still okay to use because it will hold water onto me. What do you think?

Here are my pics as well...I am working HARD to build my legs...I know it is my weakest point. Please let me know what you think.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoteacher_p/my_photos
Thanks!

My first guess... your trainer is a dink. :)

But I am not well versed in actual "pre-contest" dieting.... so I will leave this for someone who is. Maybe there is stuff that I don't know, but to me I don't like it.

I usually don't cut condiments till the last couple weeks. At 8% with 14 weeks to go, you need to maintain for a while.

I have found it just as difficult getting ready too early as timing it correctly. Getting ready too early means peaking and trying to hold on to that condition. This is very difficult to do.

I speak from some experience. Have done 12 contests myself, so have been there done that.

Lifterforlife said:
I usually don't cut condiments till the last couple weeks. At 8% with 14 weeks to go, you need to maintain for a while.

I have found it just as difficult getting ready too early as timing it correctly. Getting ready too early means peaking and trying to hold on to that condition. This is very difficult to do.

I speak from some experience. Have done 12 contests myself, so have been there done that.

Yea, a friend told me the same thing. I actually have adjusted the cals down a bit by reducing the portions. I know my body, so I brought the cals to around 1800 which is where I can stay without gaining or loosing. My trainer wants me to try to add a little size and just eat most of the way to the show with little or no dieting, then just shed the water before the show. I stay lean and can get leaner easily if I need to. So were just trying to add size where I need it.

StellarTiggy said:
At this point you're at 2600 cals, and I'm somewhere between 1300 and 1700. I'd say that's a tad high too...eh..no idea...-NEWBIE- ;)

You can't not compare your calorie intake with hers and say hers is too high. She is extremely lean right now, and has alot of muscle so she is more than likely burning alot for than you are.

Hot, your trainer is probably trying to put some size on your legs, you have great legs, but your upper body kind of over shadows them.

As like Life said I also don't cut out condiments until a few weeks before the show.

I wouldn't worry too much about the total cals right now -- run it & see how you respond. You aren't going to do any building at all if you focus on cutting right now. And obviously if you are 8% now, you don't need to worry about cutting anyway. But you do need to build some muscle & get more symmetry. It may take more than 14 weeks but it will all work towards that as you go.

Trust me, its nice to not have to fight the bodyfat for the duration of your prep, so I'm sure you will be fine. People will argue about cutting or leaving in the diet coke -- if you tend to drink a lot of it, I would be a strong proponent of cutting it out of your diet and let your body metabolize clean food w/o the additional stuff in there. The worst thing I hear about diet coke is that the phosphates inhibite protein metabolization. Again, I guess you can argue if that's true, but you are trying to make some major changes in your body and would challenge anyone to say that including diet coke will be helping you.

Hoteachers progress is good. The diet has shown to not be to high in cals because she has not gained any fat. In fact, she has gone from around 122 to 113, which has me a but worried. If she keeps dropping weight, gonna have to change things. We did add a bunch of MCT oil which add a few cals. Here's her recent pics from 11 weeks out. She is working really hard on adding legs and lats. She also has a problem flexing her abs. She has a six pac, but it disapears when she flexes it? 11 Weeks Out

Here are her comparison shots....Comparison shots

nsashbl01 said:
Hoteachers progress is good. The diet has shown to not be to high in cals because she has not gained any fat. In fact, she has gone from around 122 to 113, which has me a but worried. If she keeps dropping weight, gonna have to change things. We did add a bunch of MCT oil which add a few cals. Here's her recent pics from 11 weeks out. She is working really hard on adding legs and lats. She also has a problem flexing her abs. She has a six pac, but it disapears when she flexes it? 11 Weeks Out

Here are her comparison shots....Comparison shots

If her abs dissapear when she flexes them it may be in her pose. I had that problem before, I was bending over too much. Posing is an art to be learned in itself, something entirely new we have to learn.

Most folks think you just get up there and pose. It is not that easy. You have maybe 5 minutes to show a physique you maybe worked years on. I would suggest if you have not maybe consider purchasing a tape called "Perfect Posing". Goes through both women and men mandatories. Great stuff, you must do well in the mandatories to have a chance.

Lifterforlife said:
If her abs dissapear when she flexes them it may be in her pose. I had that problem before, I was bending over too much. Posing is an art to be learned in itself, something entirely new we have to learn.

Most folks think you just get up there and pose. It is not that easy. You have maybe 5 minutes to show a physique you maybe worked years on. I would suggest if you have not maybe consider purchasing a tape called "Perfect Posing". Goes through both women and men mandatories. Great stuff, you must do well in the mandatories to have a chance.

I have the Perfect posing and all Perfect diet dvd. Her ab thing is odd. She has a concave ribcage, which may have something to do with it. Were working on figuring it out. Her lat spread was also tough for her, but she's getting better with that. I was thinking of trying the DVD from Russ Testo, called "Posing The Extraordinary Way" Any knowledge of that?

Top Bottom