Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help adjusting diet, grateful for any info

AmbitiousRookie

Hello, this is my first time posting, but I have looked on for months now. I am 20 years old and have been working out approx. 3 yrs. I used to be very overweight in my early teens (5'9" ~230lbs. all fat), and am having trouble losing the excess body fat. Currently I am 6'0 180lbs. 14% bf. I do cardio 4-5/wk, lift 5-6/wk, and have a decent diet. I recently gained about 10 lbs, mostly lean, with a 4400 cal diet (~80g fat, 20 sat. fat, 300g carbs, 430g protein, 40g sugars). I need some advice on how to alter my diet in order to get below 10% bf. I am REALLY motivated, but get frustrated at times because I feel I have tried everything and can't get below 12%. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Drop about 600 cals. If you are eating 4400 cals. a day and weigh 180 you got a high metabolism and should be able to get to 10% fairly fast.

Thanks for the info, from where should I drop the cals? Protein, carbs, or fat? Is there a rule for how much of each should contribute to total calories?

I'd drop some carbs and all the suger I could except for pre/post workout. @ 430gr. of protein you could afford to cut back there also.

I agree with Rockaho. about how long do you do carido
for each day. you should do any where from 30min
to an hour.

"LIFT HARD STAY HARD" :kaioken:

I have started doing sprints because if I do 30 min cardio+ I feel that I lose too much muscle. I drop to like 165-170 with the same bf%. I do 8 sprints, each the distance of one straightaway portion of the track. I also heard it is true to get to 10% bf just by adjusting your diet. Is this true?

Bro, Of course diet is every thing. Not to sound rude
but did you read what rockaho wrote. You diet looks
like a bulking diet you'll never get below 10% with
what your eating. Cut back on every thing also,
your protine is way to high it should be around 270g.
Any thing over that is just waist remember your body
stores fat not protein.

"LIFT HARD STAY HARD":kaioken:

Yes, it is possible to get to 10%bf just by cutting your diet. However, there is a price to pay. It will cost muscle. I don't know about you but that stuff is to expensive for me. Cut your diet some, frequent small meals and keep working out and doing cardio. As I said before I wouldn't cut more than 600 cals. to start with. Give that a try for about a month and see what results you get and adjust accordingly. I think that combining sprints and walking is a good idea for weight loss. Sprints (anaerobic) exercise builds muscle and increases BMR while walking (aerobic) burns fat, of course both increase your AMR.

First of all, I would just like to thank you all for helping me out. I have been trying to get into good shape for a while now. I learn a lot from input from others who are more advanced and it really gets me motivated.

Currently, I supplement just with protein powder and bars. I was bulking because I am 6' and was only about 165. I am up to like 178, and now im going to try cutting. The last time I tried cutting, I overdid it and lost too much muscle and ended up -11 to 15lbs and at the same bf as before i bulked up. I paid more attention to cardio and less attention to diet, but after reading some info from this forum, I realized that diet is the more important of the two. I am just having trouble finding the right balance of diet and cardio, it seems as if I am doing to much or to little.

Top Bottom