Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Complex Carb Meal Replacement Shake?

Jayhawk21

I've been using Muscle Juice from ProLab as a weight gainer and to get my needed protein. I probably get about 1400-2200 calories from that shake alone give or take depending on if I work out that day. The stuff has about 162 g of Carbs to 60 G of Protein..with 60G being sugars. I have just purchased a 25 LB of Whey Protein, so I was wondering if I could make my own healthier weight gainer. I'm looking for a cheap big ass tub of complex carbs meal replacement shake that doesn't taste like ass. I figure I could just mix the whey with that and whalla..a healthier weight gainer shake without losing the calories.

use oats

mix it with whey or whatever in the blender. sometimes i add all natural peanut butter

HollywoodSwole said:
use oats

mix it with whey or whatever in the blender. sometimes i add all natural peanut butter

I don't have time to use a blender. That is alot of cleanup, and mess. It adds up everyday when you are pressed for time. I use supplements because I don't have time.

I looked up the Carb Gain stuff, and I was under the impression that Maltodextrin does spike insulin levels a great deal..which would in turn lead to greater fat storage. Not sure if it would be what I am looking for in that case. Maltodextrin is usually used as a post work out shake ain't it because it's so good at spiking your insulin levels. But then again, maybe I'm way off base?

Jayhawk21 said:
I don't have time to use a blender. That is alot of cleanup, and mess. It adds up everyday when you are pressed for time. I use supplements because I don't have time.

I looked up the Carb Gain stuff, and I was under the impression that Maltodextrin does spike insulin levels a great deal..which would in turn lead to greater fat storage. Not sure if it would be what I am looking for in that case. Maltodextrin is usually used as a post work out shake ain't it because it's so good at spiking your insulin levels. But then again, maybe I'm way off base?

If you make it a habit to rinse it out right after u down it, there's very little clean up or mess. But if u want to avoid it, just microwave it in a paper plate or paper bowl with water, eat it as oatmeal along with your shake.

Maltodextrin is usually used for post workout specifically, btw.

dextrose is usually best PWO to spike insulin.

maltodextrin apparantly can be long, shot, or medium chain which will determine where it would fall on the GI. Unfortunately, manufacuturers usually just say "maltodextrin" in the ingredients and you dont know what you're getting. look for long or combo long/medium chain for complex slow release carbs.

Yeah, I wish I could eat oats in my shake but when I try to drink a nasty whey protein shake and add oats to it I yak it up. It would take me about 3-4 hours to take down a whey protein shake with alot of oats in it.

Jayhawk21 said:
Yeah, I wish I could eat oats in my shake but when I try to drink a nasty whey protein shake and add oats to it I yak it up. It would take me about 3-4 hours to take down a whey protein shake with alot of oats in it.

Cant have your cake and eat it too... theres really not much alternative... chicken and potatoes is about the next easiest thing after MRPs... Muscle milk maybe (expensive)?

Top Bottom