Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lean bulk opinions

Slyderkt

EF Logger
Logger
Wanted to just open a discussion.
We hear the term “lean bulk”. What do you consider a lean bulk. I have read some logs and post on here and other place. Just figured it always a good topic.
There are lots of things to consider.
Calories, macros and of course training.
I for one am a hard gainer and of course old. So I have to eat clean during a bulk.
Last bulk I ran 40% carb, 20%fat, 40% protein. I added about 15 lbs but since I had dbol it was more water than I realized.
Carbs were great for energy. I would try and have carbs 1-2 hours prior to gym. I could tell when I didn’t. I ate more fruit then and this kept my sugar up.
Now I’m in a cut and feel weak and low energy. Definitely miss the extra food.
I do seem like most to put the extra weight around the middle. Of course that is opposite of my goal.
How are y’all doing a lean bulk?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

i hate the term and always have.. its called a recomp.. lean bulk just sounds like a complete opposite and you never will see me use the term... you dont "lean bulk" NOW, the concept of recomping is gaining size while either maintaining or lowering your body fat, which is what that is supposed to mean but it just is not the same... "lean bulk" does not go hand in hand.. its just a misuse of terminology more so than anything and thats why you never hear me use that term...

its all about diet manipulation and there IS NOT SET number on that.. its completely person to person specific...

I understand your terminology. Sounds valid. I have always assumed those that use that term are simply saying eat clean. Not dirty bulk. Even when I am eating in a surplus trying to gain size I don’t eat junk. Just a higher volume of food. I do play with my macros. Depending on what my goal at the time is.
Some say eat big to get big. That is a simple way to say it. However eating the right foods to get big in the right body parts is the trick. Big belly is easy! That’s not my goal.
I would like to get my body fat down where I like it then just maintain that while adding muscle.
I guess it’s a recomp since not reducing body fat. Just adding lean muscle.
Not even sure that’s possible for me.
I realize it is different for everyone. Just like to see what has worked for others.
The more I discuss with people the more I learn.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

when i coach people wanting to do a recomp, its a really big test for all of us.. on my end, manipulating diets properly which really have no true consistency from one person to the next because as we know, all people respond differently, can be quite challenging on top of having to base things off of compounds used as well, which then ties in with diet etc...

for the client, its one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult things to obtain being gaining size and losing or maintaining body fat... i

i generally start clients at 200-250 calories below maintenance to start and go from there..

I used to call it lean bulk as well and once I spoke to Dylan for his thoughts I did understand more so that this is a recomposition. The diet aspect is very difficult to dial in and it varies on the compounds used as well as some are more suitable for this than others. It is more intricate that one would think

Wanted to just open a discussion.
We hear the term “lean bulk”. What do you consider a lean bulk. I have read some logs and post on here and other place. Just figured it always a good topic.
There are lots of things to consider.
Calories, macros and of course training.
I for one am a hard gainer and of course old. So I have to eat clean during a bulk.
Last bulk I ran 40% carb, 20%fat, 40% protein. I added about 15 lbs but since I had dbol it was more water than I realized.
Carbs were great for energy. I would try and have carbs 1-2 hours prior to gym. I could tell when I didn’t. I ate more fruit then and this kept my sugar up.
Now I’m in a cut and feel weak and low energy. Definitely miss the extra food.
I do seem like most to put the extra weight around the middle. Of course that is opposite of my goal.
How are y’all doing a lean bulk?

lean bulk is almost like a recomp on a sense

you can lean bulk high protein medium carb medium fat

40% protein
40% carbs
20% fat

but you need to go BMR x 15
and keep a lot of training hard and strong

lots of clean protein and pushing it hard

Top Bottom