Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't figure out why I'm getting low readings on keto stix

K

kibslibchargeback

This is my first time on the diet and after 48 hours I had a reading of 15 on the keto stick. Then then next day I dropped down to 5. and the day after that(today) I'm still at 5.. ??? I figured it was going to ge higher and higher as the days went on. As long as I'm under 30g of carbs their shouldn't be a problem right? My maximum amount of carbs in the day is 24g. I've done 2 intense cardio sessions so far. One 1 hour session and one 2 hour session. The only possible thing that I can think of is diet soda?????

what are you guys eating? Meaning of the 30g of carbs how many are suger and so on? In order to get into ketosis, your body has to be totally depleted of glycogen. Especially the liver! If you want to get into ketosis try this.

under 20g of active carb a day. active meaning total carbs minus dietary fiber=active carbs. Achieving a ketoic state is hard and ever harder to maintain. Let me know what you are trying to do with your diet and I will see if I can help.

kibslib said:
This is my first time on the diet and after 48 hours I had a reading of 15 on the keto stick. Then then next day I dropped down to 5. and the day after that(today) I'm still at 5.. ??? I figured it was going to ge higher and higher as the days went on. As long as I'm under 30g of carbs their shouldn't be a problem right? My maximum amount of carbs in the day is 24g. I've done 2 intense cardio sessions so far. One 1 hour session and one 2 hour session. The only possible thing that I can think of is diet soda?????

Don't WORRY, the problem is that your body is USING up the ketones for energy so they are NOT coming out in the urine. In fact, the longer you are in Ketosis, the less Ketones you might see in the urine especially if you're on a BMR based diet. The Ketones that come out in the urine are the Ketones NOT USED by the body as fuel, if they have been used, then nothing or nearly nothing will come out.l

P.S. on a side note, diet soda can give false negative readings in some people

Mr.X

so Mr. X should I only take a reading after the 48 hour mark?Also what number does everyone usually get after a 48 hour reading(just wanna make sure i'm in the ball park).1 last thing,lets say all the ketones are used for energy and I get a 0 on the reading. When is my body using for energy??

As Mr. X says - you will burn up ketones if working out rather than them being excreted through urine. The ones being excreted (and tested) are those being "wasted" as they cannot be stored (like glucose).

Also, adequate hydration will lower your readings, as urine is diluted. I drink about a gallon of water through the work day, and stop after 5. I get nothing on stix until about 7-8 PM, and don't waste the stix testing until then.

It's not the number or color of the stix that matter so much as whether you are registering any ketones at all. Ketones burned, sweated, breathed out, the concentration of which in any of these depending on activity and hydration.

Fawn

kibslib said:
so Mr. X should I only take a reading after the 48 hour mark?Also what number does everyone usually get after a 48 hour reading(just wanna make sure i'm in the ball park).1 last thing,lets say all the ketones are used for energy and I get a 0 on the reading. When is my body using for energy??

You should take constant reading, but there is NO magic numbe ryou should see. Everyone is DIFFERENT. If you get a 0 reading, then your body is breaking down more stored fat or dietary fat and coverting them into Ketones to provide further energy.

Mr.X

Top Bottom