Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein: The First Time !

Lectral

I've been wokring out for like 8 months now, the first 3 months I didn't know what I was doing so my training routine sucked. Anyhow, in the good 5 months I've been working out all naturally without proteins or vitamins, I went from weighing 135 and benching 130 to weighing 135 and benching 185.

My question is, if I start taking the 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight per day, what kind of results will I see as far as rippedness, (im already pretty cut for my size) bench max, and body weight? And how soon?

Thanks.

Using protein isn't straying from being natural. It strays from being dumb. Protein is good for you, we are TOLD to take it. Haven't you taken health class?

Protein is not like a steroid. It won't cause you to get big and ripped. It supplements hard work in the gym and promotes more efficient recovery of your muscles. It won't get you big and ripped alone but if you keep a proper routine in the gym, you will get big and ripped. Keep in mind it takes time, it won't happen tomorrow.

1.5 g is too many

try 0.8g - 1g per bodyweight.

0.8g is best ... beyond that ... you will shit it ... waste of money

protein meals will make you slimmer because protein is harder to digest ... and so u burn more calories digesting protein

do some cardio to be ripped

:redhot:

Shit someone call the cops...I ve been eating steak thats got protein. i got it from my mad dealer. jeff the butcher.:D

just mucking around......not flaming you or anything

Protein will make you slimmer? thats pretty misleading.
You have to watch everything you eat. Protein wont even it out.....like if you eat in excess of 500cals the protein wont "burn" it off. you will still be in excess of 500cals.

The thing to remember as well is that protein can be broken down to make energy. If the carb and fat levels arent right then protein will be used as energy............and your basically throwing it away, and it wont get a chance to do what it is supposed to do.

so pay attention to all areas of nutrition not just protien

go back to the elite fitness homepage and go to the members pages and ckeck out AJC's website.
If you want to stay natural ignore the drug info......but he has a good nutrition article for beginners.

peace

Oh god I can't belive some of the advice I'm hearing here 0.8 is good for maintaining what you already have 1 to 1.5 per lbs. body weight is good for gaining additional growth and getting your protein mostly from food such as chicken, fish, egg whites, etc. will digest slower allowing you to absorb more. Whey protein is great but it flushes through your system quicker with less absorption and if it is in the form of a concentrate and not an isolate it can be lactose intolerant and thus causing the "shits and gas routine". Just check the search topics for protein.

endpoint

your point is well taken ... I was actually trying to mean that if he ate 300 cal. of carb .... and he shifted that to 300 cal. of protein ... he'd burn off more calories ... studies have shown that a shift to high protein diet (same caloric intake) will burn more calories. Just a change in food composition ... no increase/decrease in cals.

krypo2o

All scientific studies say that atheletes should have 0.8 g per lb. of BW ... but people just round this off to 1g per lb. ... or even 1.5g per lb..... not a very good idea ...

Yeah, and most scientific studies have shown that steroids do not cause muscle growth. It is also recommended that athletes eat a diet of 80% carbs, 10% protein, and 10% fat. And liquids will not make you fat because they don't take as much place in the stomach. Around 30min after eating, do standing ab crunches, it will help your stomach "crush" the food more efficiently.

Can anyone think of more pseudoscience? :rolleyes:

I Beg to differ with you Flash. Most studies show that you should go with between 1.1 and 1.5 grams of protein while trying to gain mass and 1.6-2.0 when trying to loss bodyfat. You obviously need the higher amount of protein a day to prevent muscle catabolism and fatigue. 0.8 will gain results, but not even close to as good as if one used the recommended amount. I've experimented with this, I'm majoring in nutrition in school, thus i've studied it, and I've seen the results through clients. It's basically like this: lets' assume their diets and training are the same and you gave somebody 250 mg's of Test and another guy 500 mg's who do you think would yield better results. Go with your original plan lectral.

every reputable study or information tidbit i have read (not written by a supplement company) gives their amounts of protein in g/kg of bw, supplement companies skew these figures and twist it to lbs to sell 2.2x the amount of protein.

1lb= 2.2kg

bodybuilder maintenance or minimum
1.0 g/kg or .45 g/lb

bodybuilder adaptation (growth)
1.6-2.0 g/kg or .72-.909 g/lb

that being said, it doesnt negate the possibility of slightly higher protein intake, especially when dieting for a show or to satiate appetite. these ranges are for someone taking in adequate carb and fat ratios as well. someone just eating their x amount of protein per day will not grow unless his/her caloric base is not being met in acceptable ratios. the protein levels usually fall into the 15-30 % level.

something to think about.

Top Bottom