Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training legs instead of abs?

MrsAztec001

My coach said that it is futile to train abs and expect the fat to go away on the stomach. He says that fat goes away overall, so I need to train big muscles to burn more fat. He suggested me to train more legs and glutes, as they are bigger than abs, and will burn more fat. Sounds reasonable?

Your trainer is right - the bigger the muscles you activate when working out, the greater the energy expenditure. Consequently, you will burn more fat, since it never goes away in a localized way - fat has the tendency to get burnt overall in the body.

Your trainer is correct. You shouldn't limit your training to just legs though. You want to train each body part at least once per week to build muscle mass and increase metabolism.

The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism and the less body fat you will have.

Yes, this is correct. He should have also mentioned that diet is even more important that how you train for getting rid of fat.

Top Bottom