Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help!

Also let's set expectations on "fat burners" -- any of that stuff only has a small increase in "fat burning" but its only goign to be as good as your diet & training and you can't like, start taking it and expect to drop 10 lb in 2 days. None of them are miracle pills so honestly, sure keep taking whatever you are using now, but don't focus on that as your secret to dropping 20 lb.

cashy said:
Thanks again. Would you all recommend taking a fat burning supp? I'm taking lipo 6 and it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. I'm sorry I feel like such a pathetic girl with all my weight loss questions. I'm just uncomftorabe in my own skin and I'm pist I let myself go like this. So getting the 20 pds off in 3 weeks is still my goal although I know it's tough to do. I'm also not working so I have alot of time to work out. Thanks!
There is a lot of great info here!!! :)

Cashy, just to clarify, it is going to be near impossible for you to drop 20 lbs of fat weight in 3 weeks ... The majority of weight lost will be water, which MAY show a lower # on a scale.

The 20 lbs of weight you 'gained' was most likey some fat and some water. Breaking it down to the #'s... Not meaning to confuse but I felt like getting mathematical and am using this example to explain this to someone as I type so hear goes:

* You would have to eat ~3500 cal to put on = 1 lb bodyfat

* 1400 cals = Your Generic BMR (the mimimal caloric requirement needed to sustain life in a resting individual...i.e. the amount of energy your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day)

* You said you were very active & this isn't even figuring IN your cals burned during workouts, keep that in mind.

3500 cals --> amount you'd have to eat to gain 1 lb of body fat
x
20lbs --> the amount you said you gained in a month

= 70,000 cals --> the amount you needed to eat to gain 20 lbs of fat.

-------------------------------------------------------

Take
70,000 --> the amount you needed to eat to gain 20 lbs of fat
Divide that by
30 days --> the number of est. days in a month

= ~2300 cals --> the amount of cals you would need to eat NOT including your BMR or calories burned from ANY activity during the course of the day

--------------------------------------------------------

2300 cals --> from above
+
1400 cals --> for your BMR

= 3700 cals a day

You would have to eat 3700 cals a day, with NO activity in order to put on 20 lbs of fat in a month. Since you were working out & active, that number is higher, maybe even by 500-1000 more...

So again, The 20 lbs of weight you 'gained' was most likey some fat and some water.

Also, keep in mind if you overdo it, your body may just do to the opposite of dropping water & fat, but hold onto it b/c it won't know what's going on. It's job is surivial ... if your body thinks that is compromised it will hold on to whatever you feed it for 'back up' and storage (i.e fat and munch on yummy muscle.. NOT good).

Sassy is basically giving you a recipe for success here.

I hope I didn't confuse you. :rose:

I understand thanks for the help. I'm doing an hour of cardio and an hour of circuit training everyday. I know I'm being crazy with my way of thinking-just very determined! I feel so much better when I am comftorable with my body-which I'm not right now. I was also wondering if it's best to not eat at night? Can that really make a difference? I understand diet and exercise needs to be a way of life but this is the one time I'm willing to make a exception to get this crap off! Thanks!

cashy said:
I understand thanks for the help. I'm doing an hour of cardio and an hour of circuit training everyday. I know I'm being crazy with my way of thinking-just very determined! I feel so much better when I am comftorable with my body-which I'm not right now. I was also wondering if it's best to not eat at night? Can that really make a difference? I understand diet and exercise needs to be a way of life but this is the one time I'm willing to make a exception to get this crap off! Thanks!

Nope, it's more about overall daily calories and what exactly you are eating at nite....provided it's not ice cream & chips, then you can eat @ nite no probs.......

EXCELLENT post Bunny!!

Morning cardio

Yes I have yet another question! Do you all think morning cardio on a empty stomach is more effective? For maximum weight loss? I know I'm desperate! Any more tips advise to drop pounds would be great!

That is what we generally follow - god knows I've done a shit load of Am cardio for competition.

At this point I think you just need to "do" and not keep looking around for "other ways" - the basic stuff either works or it doesn't. Sometiems a radical change in diet requires a week or two for your body to adapt to it, sometimes you just dump the water like crazy. All you can you do is stick 100% to your plan, give your body a few days to respond and make adjustments as needed.

Thanks Jens:heart: You too girl ...

Sassy69 said:
Sometimes a radical change in diet requires a week or two for your body to adapt to it, sometimes you just dump the water like crazy. All you can you do is stick 100% to your plan, give your body a few days to respond and make adjustments as needed.
^^ absolutely what I was trying to point out... you have 3 weeks, maybe the 1st two weeks your body will be like WTF and not respond so quick, but week three things may start to happen ...

Good advice given ....

Points to really think about .....
~ Less calories does NOT mean faster weight loss. If you eat too little, you will STOP losing.
~ Taking weight off usually takes longer than putting it on took.
~ Fat burners usually burn ABOUT 150 calories a day. Don't expect miracles from it.
~ Tons of cardio and working out does NOT make losing FAT easier. It makes losing MUSCLE easier.
~ Being determined is good, expecting things to happen overnight (or in 3 weeks) is bad.

Top Bottom