Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a sit up problem HELP! :(

hamstein

Hi everytime I do sit ups my lower back starts to hurt and ache after like 5 sit ups :worried: am I doing them correctly? or is my back just weak :worried:

Also could anyone suggest any exercise to lessen the fat around my abs thanks :) :)

hamstein said:
Hi everytime I do sit ups my lower back starts to hurt and ache after like 5 sit ups :worried: am I doing them correctly? or is my back just weak :worried:

Also could anyone suggest any exercise to lessen the fat around my abs thanks :) :)

Have no idea what shape you are in so it may be that you need to work on your core strength. You can also employ tools like the fitball or just put a rolled up towel under the small of your back.

As far as exercises for fat loss around your abs - doesnt' exist -- you can't really "spot reduce" -- fat loss is about diet and on a tight diet you will drop bodyfat proportionally around your body, not in one particular place. Often for women the abs are a rough spot because estrogen causes us to store a greater number of fat cells in the waist / hips / thighs areas - therefore if you lose 2% bodyfat - you may look like you are cutting up on your upper body (as many women do) because your body naturally has a smaller number of fat cells in those areas than in your waist area -- there for 2% of a smaller amount of bodyfat will show cutting up more than 2% of a larger amount of bodyfat. Just keep workign on a tight, consistent & persistent diet & training program and the results will come.

Sounds to me and like Sassy said I don't your fitness level....but it sounds like a weak back......you should work on that along with your abs

clean diet and smart training = less fat
patience and determination = less fat

Stronger core - try pilates. Push lower back down to the floor when doing abs and keep it there.

go to a gym and get a trainer for a session... if they are any good, they can teach you a whole series of exercises for your core, that can be done while STANDING UP... this elminates the back issues BUT will also strengthen your back at the same time < ( that is, if they know their sheit)... good luck

hamstein said:
ooo so i have a wear back? how did that happen? how do i strengthen it and thanks for the answers -_-

Pilates

I like Winsor Pilates - any good tape/cd will work or if you can take the classes or private one on one sessions.

hamstein said:
ooo so i have a wear back? how did that happen? how do i strengthen it and thanks for the answers -_-

your technique could be bad, that will also cause pain. best bet is to have someone that you feel confident that knows how to execute proper technique demonstrate to you exactly how to perform the exercises-go from there. if there is no pain, then it was bad technique. :)

hamstein said:
my stomach aches now :S lala what are pilates? do back extensions help?

My lower back always hurt when doing abs but having someone show me the proper technique it has been smooth sailing. As far as back extension, they will help you strengthen your lower back, but again, someone showing you would be best cause done improperly can hurt your back, as I have found out.

Top Bottom