Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Countdown to Competition Log......

I'm not sure - are you stayign out of the gym just because you want to relax? You can certainly go back in & just train / do cardio. Might make you feel less bloated....

Sassy69 said:
I'm not sure - are you stayign out of the gym just because you want to relax? You can certainly go back in & just train / do cardio. Might make you feel less bloated....

I wated to today. But Im still feeling kind of dizzy... its weird I dunno how to explain. Like when I stand up my head gets light headed.

I will most likely go later today (like 5pm) and do some cardio. That was the plan but I will see how I feel.

Aries13 said:
I wated to today. But Im still feeling kind of dizzy... its weird I dunno how to explain. Like when I stand up my head gets light headed.

I will most likely go later today (like 5pm) and do some cardio. That was the plan but I will see how I feel.

I used to have a similiar feeling for a while there when I wasn't eating very much (my calories were prob just below 1000) but every time I would stand up I'd get dizzy too... so it could just be your body re adjusting after the contest prep diet that last week :) All in all though I am sure you'll pull through and be back in that gym kickin some butt again! The pics are all great! ;)

Aries, you look fantastic. The work and the dedication really paid off. I can't tell you how proud all of us are of you. I see you got the bug...It's cool as hell isn't it? Tell the Hubby he looks great too.

Aries13 said:
The major area that needs work at this point is my BOOTY and legs. I want to really concentrate most of my weekly training on those areas. I will need LOTS AND LOTS of good exercises so SHARE the secrets everyone!!! :) I am somewhat happy with the size of my arms and back- but I want to keep cutting them up and leaning out. I definitely want to keep cutting at this point :)

Like Sassy said, this contest was a very good way for me to pick at the areas I want to improve in. Very well said Sassy...as always:)
I am missing the gym sooooo much, I feel like a GIANT bloated pig. Well, my stomach got bigger from all the water I've been drinking. Im not commenting too much on diet. I am not eating very much but when I do, its not the healthiest stuff--not very well balanced. Cereal, milk, yogurt, FRUIT!!!Lots of carbs!!! I do feel that its mentally good for me to take this week off, but so far Im only experiencing 'negative' thoughts about my self. Darn it!! Im never happy enough...

It's good to hear you so positive about your competition experience.

Are you still doing this for legs?

Squats: 65lbsx15, 85lbsx12 3 sets
Leg Press: 180lbsx10 3 sets, 90lbsx20
leg extensions: 35lbsx12 4 sets
Leg Curl: 35lbsx10 4 sets
Calve Raises: 35lbs x12 plus 5-10pumps 4 sets

if so, with what frequency?

On the other hand, gradually try getting back to your diet. Bloating is caused mainly because during some time you deprived your body of all those things you are eating. This bloating can make you feel bad, but once you get back on track you will be eager to get more results.... that's life! we just want to keep on improving!

nikkita said:
It's good to hear you so positive about your competition experience.

Are you still doing this for legs?

Squats: 65lbsx15, 85lbsx12 3 sets
Leg Press: 180lbsx10 3 sets, 90lbsx20
leg extensions: 35lbsx12 4 sets
Leg Curl: 35lbsx10 4 sets
Calve Raises: 35lbs x12 plus 5-10pumps 4 sets

if so, with what frequency?QUOTE]

It is interesting that you brought up the leg workout. That is where I want to improve the most. I want to make my butt/legs + abs like my MAIN body parts. I am looking into leg exercises b.c I am planning my training/diet as we speak. I will start a new log up on Monday and will post what I will be doing for legs. I am reading a lot of mixed information.... I need to know what THE BEST leg/butt blasting exercises are b/c I want to KILL my lower body...get it really tight and cut up. I am thinking of doing:

Squats: weight-not sure yet
Lunges: weight?
Extensions:?lbs
Leg Curl:?lbs
Dead Lifts:?lbs

*Hack Squats????
***One legged squats????

All of the exercises for legs will be 3-4 sets of lower weight 15-18 reps.

**IF ANYONE KNOWS OF AWESOME LEG/BUTT exercises...PLEASE SHARE!!!! I would like to get this thing started a.s.a.p. :heart:

box step-ups, starting with no weights, torso leaning forward (not too far) will put emphisis on your butt. I have some killer butt & hamstring exercises but I think you may be on the east coast, a little too far to drive to show then to you. lol
Explaining them just does not cut it, because they are variations and need to be done PERFECTLY or you could get hurt. butt.... he he... the one I mentioned above is a great one, watch out though, you may end up with a jumpers booty like me.

nelmsjer said:
Another vote for box step-ups :)

Lunges done with a lean forward will do it too, you can also add in a kickback... but again with no weight and it's the slightest lean, which in traditional applications of the exercise is a "no no" but dont correctly is a major butt blaster. Again it all come down to technique. The box-ups are a safer bet and harder to screw up because of your starting position in the exercise. But if you have no box, nothing safe to step up onto, or not the right height it's the leaning lunge. Personally I like sumo ball squats too, squeeze your ass at the top... and again it's all in the technique.

Top Bottom