Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Afgrl's Journal

Ahh, thanks for the advice ladies. I don't think I've been nervous or worried about anything lately. It's so weird. Even right now, as I am typing this I'm about to fal face first into the computer, LOL & I can't stop yawning. I have gotten some sleep lately but not great sleep. I do have an appointment with an allergist in a few days and hopefully I'll figure out that problem, get some allergy shots and be able to breathe through my nose and stop sneezing and having itcy water eyes. Ug! Oh, well, enough of my rant........

0545am 20 mintes on treadmill incline of 10.0 at 3.0 & 4.0 speeds
20 minutes on arm machines 20,30, & 40 lbs reps of 10 3x

730am-1c special K cereal with 1/2 c milk
1 pork sausage patty
16oz water

1030am-1/2 bananna
16oz water
protein shake

1230pm-16oz water
protein shake
2 c salad w/4oz grilled/blackend chicken
2 tbs balsamic vin

Afgrl said:
I don't know why I never thought that they'd do the callipers at the gym, duh! So, I woke up this morning feeling all bloated and fat, but I decided to go workout and get weighed and bf% measured. They used both the callipers and the scale w/the bf% measurement on it as well...............

20 minutes on the elliptical at cross training level #3
10 minutes HIIT on the treadmill 5.6 & 5.0mph

My scale is off at home. I'm not 133 like I'd previously posted. Freaked out a little b/c I've gained a few lbs; I'm at 137 now. I'm going to post the old stats first, then the new stats.......last time I got bf% measured w/callipers was:
Oct 11, 2005 (7 site skinfold) 29.5% bf
Measurements:
Subscapular-13
Triceps-20
Chest-11
Midaxillary-10
Suprailiac-15
Umbillical (abdominal)-22
Thigh-29

New Stats! Jan 9, 2006
Measurements:
Subscapular-13 (same)
Triceps-14 (down 6)
Chest-11 (same)
Midaxillary-7 (down3)
Suprailiac-10 (down 5)
Umbillical (abdominal)-14 (down8)
Thigh-21 (down 8)

According to the bf scale they have I'm at 25.9% bf.........but according to the callipers I'm at 18.7% Whaaaaat? Is this possible?!? Wow, I was so surprised, I asked her to dbl check, lol! :laugh2:
Jeez, I don't know how I missed this post!!! lol Great job with the bf% loss! :)

Thanks SG! I am thrilled about it. We have weekly weigh-ins on monday at the gym, no change as of this week. They'll only measure the bf and take measurements on the 4th, 6th & 8th weeks if I remember right. So a few more weeks and hopefully I'll see another difference.

I've been mia again for the past 3 days, but i've kept up w/the diet (except the slice of cheesecake last night.) The excercise has been lacking due to what I though were my allergy problems.....come to find out yesterday when I went to the allergist and got pricked 46 times on my back that I'm NOT allergic to ANYTHING!! WTF, how is it possible? Well it is, and they even have a name for it. Non-allergic rhinitis, uuugh I can't beleive that. So the doc gave me some nasonex (nose spray), it took a while before it "kicked in" and cleared my nose yesterday. Hopefully it will work w/in the next week. If not, I have to go back and have x-rays taken and talk about surgery, but at this point in time I don't want to think about that. My father-in-law had it done and said it's extremely painful! I'm just praying this nasal spray works. That's all my drama for the day.....LOL.

730am-wheat sqares w/cinnamon
1/2c milk w/protein shake
20oz water

1030am-20oz water
1/2 banana

100pm
1c side salad w/balsamic vin
1 turkey sandwich on small ww roll with 1/2 oz pepperjack cheese
8oz cherry limeade
20oz water

330pm-protein shake
2 boiled eggs
16oz water

630pm-8oz 0cal/0sugar peach tea drink
1/2c noodles
1 piece 4oz parmesan chicken w/2 tbs sauce
16oz water

Last edited:
Been a while siince I checked your log! You are doing great, your b/f% looks awsome!! Good going!

Afgrl said:
Thanks SG! I am thrilled about it. We have weekly weigh-ins on monday at the gym, no change as of this week. They'll only measure the bf and take measurements on the 4th, 6th & 8th weeks if I remember right. So a few more weeks and hopefully I'll see another difference.

I've been mia again for the past 3 days, but i've kept up w/the diet (except the slice of cheesecake last night.) The excercise has been lacking due to what I though were my allergy problems.....come to find out yesterday when I went to the allergist and got pricked 46 times on my back that I'm NOT allergic to ANYTHING!! WTF, how is it possible? Well it is, and they even have a name for it. Non-allergic rhinitis, uuugh I can't beleive that. So the doc gave me some nasonex (nose spray), it took a while before it "kicked in" and cleared my nose yesterday. Hopefully it will work w/in the next week. If not, I have to go back and have x-rays taken and talk about surgery, but at this point in time I don't want to think about that. My father-in-law had it done and said it's extremely painful! I'm just praying this nasal spray works. That's all my drama for the day.....LOL.

I was wondering where you had been!! Good job on the BF%, that is awesome. ALSO, your measurement...wow, very good!! Keep up the good work. :qt:

That sucks that you had to go in and get pricked in the back 46 time, but on the bright side it is great that you aren't allergic to anything (not many people can say that!!). ;) Let's just hope that the spray clears your congestion up. I know you don't want to think about it, but what all does the surgery involve if you don't mind me asking. :)

iceprincess said:
I was wondering where you had been!! Good job on the BF%, that is awesome. ALSO, your measurement...wow, very good!! Keep up the good work. :qt:

That sucks that you had to go in and get pricked in the back 46 time, but on the bright side it is great that you aren't allergic to anything (not many people can say that!!). ;) Let's just hope that the spray clears your congestion up. I know you don't want to think about it, but what all does the surgery involve if you don't mind me asking. :)

Well, I've only done a little research so far, but basically they have to clear the sinus cavity out and maybe even make it larger. I have read some of the things that can go wrong and in my opinion they :worried: outweigh the good. I'm not sure, so far the nasal spray isn't working very well, I guess I just have to wait and see what the doc says. I'll probably update anything about in in my journal in here in case anybody cares to know.

Yesterday (Friday)

8am-1 serving oatmeal
protein shake
16oz water

1000am-small banana
20 oz water.......daughter had a doc appnt and i know the banana wasn't the best of choices but I knew it would "hold me over" until we got home.

230pm- side salad
4oz chicken
protein shake
20oz water

700pm-2 slices thin crust pizza (1 plain cheese & 1 pepperoni)
16oz diet strawberry soda
20oz water

approx 900pm
1 sugar cookie
protein shake

TOTALS:1,440 Cals; Fat-39g (25%); Carbs-168g (44%); Protein-106g (30%)

Last edited:
730am-banana/protein milkshake (1 tsp each of cinnamon & sugar; 2 tsp of vanilla extract; 1 small banana; 1 scoop protein; 2c 2% milk)
1 serving oatmeal
16oz water

1030-4oz light cranberry-grape juice
16oz water
1 egg & 2 egg whites scrambled made with cooking spray
2 tbs cheese

Afgrl said:
Well, I've only done a little research so far, but basically they have to clear the sinus cavity out and maybe even make it larger. I have read some of the things that can go wrong and in my opinion they :worried: outweigh the good. I'm not sure, so far the nasal spray isn't working very well, I guess I just have to wait and see what the doc says. I'll probably update anything about in in my journal in here in case anybody cares to know.

We will look forward to the updates!! Take care of yourself Afgrl :qt: :heart:

Afgrl said:
730am-banana/protein milkshake (1 tsp each of cinnamon & sugar; 2 tsp of vanilla extract; 1 small banana; 1 scoop protein; 2c 2% milk)
1 serving oatmeal
16oz water

1030-4oz light cranberry-grape juice
16oz water
1 egg & 2 egg whites scrambled made with cooking spray
2 tbs cheese

145pm-half of a turkey sandwich on ww bread
2 slices tomato, 1 lettuce leaf
16oz water
protein shake

700pm 2 slices extra thin pizza, 1 cheese & 1 italian sausage w/green peppers & onions
16oz water
6oz milk

1/2c chocolate ice cream

TOTALS: 1,250 cals; Fats-40g (29%); Carbs-140 (42%); Protein 83g (27%)

Top Bottom