Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wow, I am now carrying the most weight and muscle in my entire life

Longhorn85

I weigh 220lbs at 6ft. My bodyfat is around 19%. I was 205 for most of last year. I want to continue to get big, as long as my BF stays under 20% and I can still run. I don't juice, but I am on creatine and regular supps. I probably consume 200-250 g of protein a day.

I ran 3 miles yesterday and 2 fast today and felt good.

When it comes time to cut up, how will I do it? I will probably need to get back down to 200 in time for an Army PT test in April.

I've heard a lot of you guys discuss bulking up, but how do you bulk down, and how long does it take?

Good to hear that you are bigger than ever. Why would you have to lose weight for a test? If you can still run it seems you are very physically fit, so why not just continue to get bigger?

-Fatty

Because the Army has a weight screening table that I must abide by to keep my personnel record clean.

For my height, believe it or not, I'm supposed to weigh no more than 203.

I can exceed 203, but then I must undergo a pain-in-the ass and embarrasing body fat test, and the army uses the worst measuring technique, tape measure at selected points.

I am allowed 22% BF, which I never intend to be at, but still, I'd rather not have to get taped in the first place.

Well, how long it takes to cut up depends on how much muscle you want to preserve. It will take longer to cut without losing much muscle compared to dropping weight fast.

Just as a side not of curiosity, are you saying that you cannot get into the army if you BF% is too high, or you are too heavy? Is that in general, or just something that you are specifically partaking in? Does that hold true if the Draft is re-enstated?

-Fatty

Fatty4You said:
Just as a side not of curiosity, are you saying that you cannot get into the army if you BF% is too high, or you are too heavy? Is that in general, or just something that you are specifically partaking in? Does that hold true if the Draft is re-enstated?

-Fatty

I don't think it would affect admission into the army as long as you meet the BF standard, and they can waive certain standards under the assumption that you will shape up is Basic Training, etc.

For a career soldier, when you take a PT test twice a year, you must either meet the screening weight for your age and ht (for me, that is 203 lbs), or pass the tape test for BF.

There was a time that it would be reflected in a negative way on your job evaluation report if you had to take the tape test, but that is no longer the case. If you pass the tape test, your're fine.

I have never had to be taped my whole career, but the way I am going now, I will have to this Spring. But that's okay if I'm making good muscular gains and can still run fast.

Top Bottom