Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Treadmill running vs solid ground

dodit

I see all the time people running like crazy on thetreadmills, which got me wondering – perhaps it is easier to run ona treadmills, rather than on a hard surface? Any insights?

Running outside is harder, more than anything, because in the treadmill your surface is moving on its own, so it is kind of aiding you. Also, it maintains a perfectly straight surface, with the same inclination, and same rythm all along. However, when you run outside, you entirely move yourself, the pace varies, as well as the surface, which is more challenging. So in my opinion it is harder to run by yourself.

endurance athletes do not train on treadmills and they do not bicycle on stationary bikes UNLESS weather forces them to

first off it is incredibly boring.. 2nd you are not accounting for wind and elevation.. and 3rd it just isn't the same at all

the only time when i was an endurance athlete i trained indoors is during the really hot summer months when it was too hot to run outside and too dangerous to run at night

It is easier to run on a treadmill because it propels you forward. There is nothing that comes close to mimicking running outside. Honestly, once you start running outside you will never go back. It can be very relaxing especially if you have some good scenery.

Top Bottom