Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Three on One off.

Rockaho

I have been trying to come up with a routine that will help me reach my short term goals. I am 30yr. old I weigh 180lbs. and just started working out after a couple of years out of the gym. When I was in the gym before I had no concept of diet or overtraining/recovery. I have been dieting since Feb. and lost 33lbs. My bf is about 14%. My short term goals are probably similar to many people on this board. I want to maintain or gain weight and decrease my bf to about 7-8%. This board has helped me get a better understanding of how important diet and recovery time is to achieving my goals. I feel as though I am doing pretty good with my current diet, eating about 2000cals on off days and 2500cals on training days. This may seem low but I am not bulking and my recovery times are getting shorter as I continue to train and seem to have plenty of energy.

My current routine is:
Mon. Chest and Tris.
Tue Back and Bis.
Wed Off
Thurs Legs.
Fri Traps and shoulders.
Sat and Sunday Off.
20-30 min of low intensity post workout cardio Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri.

My question is could I achieve my goals any faster if I were to do this for three weeks on and take the forth week to do 1hr. of cardio M-F. Consisting of tread mill, rowing machine, light weight high rep (20-25, bar - 25s.) squats/deadlifts. My thinking is that this week would give my muscles time to fully recover while burning fat and keeping my metabolism increasing. Also I am thinking that the light weight high rep squats/deadlifts will help me with my form.

Would this or some variation of it work? Or, is it a dumb idea, keep to my original routine?

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom