Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sternum fracure-anyone had one?

hdv

I have a non-displaced sternum fracture caused by my stupidity. I was working my way up on the bench and due to my grip and the use of a thicker bar I dropped 225 on my chest from about 10 inches. Exhilirating to say the least. I have stayed out of the gym for 2 weeks-I still have pain when I twist my body in certain ways. My question for anybody who has had this, or any doctors on the board-how long till I bench again? BTW, fracture is just in the lower portion of the sternum.

DUDE...I had the EXACT same thing happen to me my freshman year of college. My freshman year I red shirted for basketball (sat out for a year) because I was pencil thin. 6'2" 147. They put me on an intense weight program. I didn't want to look like a pussy benchin', so I put 165 on the bar one day. WAYYYY too much for me at the time. I have long ass arms. I see all these stubby guys with short arms and big chests bouncing the bar real hard to get the weight up. I did the same...and CRACK...it felt like my knuckles cracking in my sternum. I sat up...hurt a little. Did some curls felt tight...laid back to do decline...thought I was going to die. It hurt so bad. Coach sent me to the emergency room. I thought I had a bruised sternum or something. Turns out...I fractured it. They couldn't cast it obviously. They estimated 6 weeks. They "reset" my chest if that makes any sense...that hurt like hell. After 3 and a half weeks I had another xray and it was almost healed. After 4 and a half weeks I was all healed up. Dude...I don't know WHAT the hell the doctor is talking about when he said 2 weeks out of the gym. Don't frick with it man...or you'll be out for a while. I know that's the hardest thing in the world for people who train consistently, but it'll save you a lot of shit in the long run. I started benching again after 6 weeks...and I have problems not. When I stretch...my sternum pops really loud. It'll be tight sometimes in the mornings...and it'll really hurt. My advice...GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR if you have already seen one. If you haven't...GO TO ONE VERY SOON. Don't screw with it. Your sternum is very close to your heart...and if you do something worse to it...causing it splinter...you could by all means pierce your heart...and then...well you know. That's one concern the doctor's had...was that happening. Don't mess with it. Get it checked out. Good luck bro.

:D

Top Bottom