Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Staircases and how to walk on them

Kankerdick

From time to time I add to my routine staircaseexercises as a combination of cardio an leg workout. What would bethe difference between going up stair by stair, with lots of littlesteps, and if I went with longer steps skipping one stair on eachstep? What you think is more effective?

I would say that both ways of getting up the stairs are good - they are just different, so it would depend on your goals. If there are no particular goals, I would do this exercise both ways, just do one way on one day, and the second way on the other day. This way you would be getting the best of both approaches.

Don't overcomplicate it. Just doing stairs either way will be a really good cardio session. You will get a nice leg workout too. Just mix it up and keep it interesting.

Thank you for the advice guys - I though there would be some really fundamental difference, but now I see that no. And how would you compare staircase walking to just dong a jogging session?

Thank you for the advice guys - I though there would be some really fundamental difference, but now I see that no. And how would you compare staircase walking to just dong a jogging session?

Both are good options but you will get more glute activation doing the staircases and more calf activation doing the jogging session.

My advice - do both!

The most goal of cardio is to simply burn calories. There is no magic form of cardio. I like to mix up my cardio session each day so it keeps things interesting. Doing the same form of cardio each day gets really redundant.

Also try things like skipping, swimming, MMA classes etc.

you are overthinking things too much here

why not try both and alternate, this way it is more fun that way

So true. Just go with what feels natural. As part of a workout for conditioning stair climbing can be hard enough without worrying what kind of steps.

Top Bottom