Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resistance training vs cardio: Which is more effective for fat loss?

Leander

I've heard on several occasions that weight training is far more effective for losing fat as opposed to cardio.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

i can tell you that i am a former pink-weight cardio queen, and im convinced heavy lifting is the way to go. ive made far more FAT LOSS progress with high intensity, low volume lifting than i ever did with cardio. and im reminded of a question myself........

Both are needed for maximum results.

Weight training wins long term.

Cardio for short term

What's an example of high intensity low volume lifting? And how many times can it be performed on a weekly basis?

Well - I like to do one body part per day - 5 days a week with about 6-12 sets each workout.

A good Three day per week program will work as well

I agree with Cornholio. Both are needed for maximal results. The wieght training is going to add more muscle, thereby raising your base metabolic rate. Therefore, in the long term your always going to lose more fat and keep it off. In the short term though, the more cardio you do the faster you will lose fat. I don't belive that weight training by itself burns fat.

All around good advice on this thread...

B True

I believe as wieght training is the best for long term but I believe you should do 3 day split routine and do all parts in those three days. You should use a low volume and with low volume it takes less time to recover there fore every part should be done in three days.

Top Bottom