Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout shake?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Ok, here's the deal. I begin lifting weights at 5am and finish at 6:30am. But I then get on the treadmill for 30minutes. Which means I'm finished at 7am and I don't get home to have my post workout shake until 7:10 - 7:15am. Do I take my post workout shake when I get home at that time??? Or do I take my post workout shake after lifting weights and then get on the treadmill??? Which of course that would really suck!!! Suggestions please.

Carth said:
Ok, here's the deal. I begin lifting weights at 5am and finish at 6:30am. But I then get on the treadmill for 30minutes. Which means I'm finished at 7am and I don't get home to have my post workout shake until 7:10 - 7:15am. Do I take my post workout shake when I get home at that time??? Or do I take my post workout shake after lifting weights and then get on the treadmill??? Which of course that would really suck!!! Suggestions please.

If I were you I'd take the shake an hour before I workout, then get on the treadmill. If you don't have enough energy, then run on the next day. Thats what I do.

Day 1: Weight training
Day 2: Ab exercise (About 10 different exercises on a mat) and 4 mile jog.

if you drink the shake before cardio your gonna burn those sugars for fuel...if you get right on the treadmill youll hit the fat stores b/c you already worked thru the glycogen and sugars

Ok, after cardio. But right after??? Or can I go home first ( which takes approx 10-15mins ) and then take the shake?

See, I used to that many years ago. I would make the protein shake, put it in a thermos and leave it in the car. Then I would drink the shake right after cardio. But for some reason the shake would taste goddamn fucking awful after being in the thermos for only 2 hours. Still cold! But tasted like damn shit! And the protein shake wasn't that damn bad at all! But I guess from sitting there it would tast awful! And imagine...Im now switching over from a good tasting protein over to Protein Factorys protein. And from what I hear...their shit tastes like shit!

just powder in the shaker, add water at the gym right before you drink it
then you can down it right after you finish cardio

Top Bottom