Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

O/T Stimulating the chest for maxium growth!

signme123

Hey guys,
I know this is the wront forum for exercise stuff, but I hang here a lot and most of you bros are very smart.

My question:

How do you use your chest during a workout, and not use your triceps. IE. do any of you bros have any tips on stimulating the chest.

Background:
I am 240lbs, 5weeks into my cycle.
I am rather large every except my chest.
18.5 inch arms, wide back, big quads and hams, but when it comes to my chest, it just all looks fucked up because everything else is big except that....

Ive tried every chest workout but it seems the result is over developed front delts and massive triceps. This leads me to belive that i dont have shitty chest genetics, but only poor form.

Please bros, if any of you have any ideas I would greatly apericate it, Im preping for a national qualifer in May and hop to step on state at 230...

Thanks again for your help.

Greg

CABLES

but really, no such thing as 100% isolation. Too many variables...

240 and 18.5in arms you need to do some work on them too boy

Flys are the best IMHO. Just dont let your ego get in the way. By this I mean use a light enough weight to keep your arms slightly bent, I see guys all the time using so much weight on flys they turn the movement into a pressing motion. Also try to slow down your reps to 3 seconds on the way down, same on the way up.
By the way I'm 5' 11'' at my best I was 242lbs 10%bf my arms were 19 1/4'' cold. The reason I'm saying this is everyone said my arms overpowered the rest of my body, so 18 1/2 is a good arm size SO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BRO.
By the way the pic in my avatar I'm around 18 1/2

TRAINHD said:
Flys are the best IMHO. Just dont let your ego get in the way. By this I mean use a light enough weight to keep your arms slightly bent, I see guys all the time using so much weight on flys they turn the movement into a pressing motion. Also try to slow down your reps to 3 seconds on the way down, same on the way up.
By the way I'm 5' 11'' at my best I was 242lbs 10%bf my arms were 19 1/4'' cold. The reason I'm saying this is everyone said my arms overpowered the rest of my body, so 18 1/2 is a good arm size SO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BRO.
By the way the pic in my avatar I'm around 18 1/2

The three second rule.............man so many people I see in the gym don't do that (before having any workout knowledge i used to do that shit lol, luckily I wasn't afraid to ask questions from people that obviously knew what they were doing). 90% of the people that workout you can get a good laugh at cuz they always go too heavy and can't control the weight and basically aren't working out the muscles they are trying to. Like for example flies or swinging dumbells for raises and curls.......oh my. Sometimes I just look around and shake my head. I just want to go up to these people and be like what the hell are you working out? I'm sure we could all have some funny ass stories of people working out....or at least trying to.

Trendsetter21 said:
The three second rule.............man so many people I see in the gym don't do that (before having any workout knowledge i used to do that shit lol, luckily I wasn't afraid to ask questions from people that obviously knew what they were doing). 90% of the people that workout you can get a good laugh at cuz they always go too heavy and can't control the weight and basically aren't working out the muscles they are trying to. Like for example flies or swinging dumbells for raises and curls.......oh my. Sometimes I just look around and shake my head. I just want to go up to these people and be like what the hell are you working out? I'm sure we could all have some funny ass stories of people working out....or at least trying to.

I hear you loud and clear, if everyone would check there ego at the door, there would be a lot less injuries and a lot more gains IMHO

yeah your arms look about the same as mine in your avatar. Thanks for the input on this bros, I am going to try the 3 second rule, I think its a solid idea. Lighter weight, and more control is the name of the game.

Partial reps.
After you take bar down to your chest, only push up to where your arms are at about 90%. After that your triceps come into play for the full extension.

Lower down slow to chest then blast up about half way. Peel off about 10 reps and 4 sets of those and you will feel it in your chest. Also close grip BP. And of course Flyes. 1 minute rest between reps.

believe it or not, adding flys to my routine increase my overall chest side (width)

Top Bottom