Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NBAfan's training journal

Thursday, March 11 2010

Flat bench press:
bar x 10
115lbs x 6
135lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
155lbs x 5
155lbs x 3 (i stopped right before failure

Skull crushers:
didnt really keep track of the weight. Just working on technique since i've never really done that exercise before

Dumbells lateral raises:
15lbs x 10
10lbs x 10
10lbs x 10
10lbs x 10
10lbs x 10

Notes: Workout kinda sucked because i had a basketball game with friends just before and i was so tired after that i struggled with reps i should of done easily.

Ok haven't posted some workouts and got kinda lazy again but i still tested my maxes not too long ago and now im planning on starting the 5x5 workout

My 5 rep maxes were:

Over head press: 100lbs x 5 reps
Bent over rows: 140lbs x 5reps
Bench press - 165lbs x 5 reps
Squats - 245lbs x 5
Deadlifts - 260lbs x 5 reps

I have a 100$ bet that i will squat 315lbs for 2 reps by the end of august. That means that i need to be able to do about 290lbs x 5 reps by then. Do you guys think its in reach?

I have a 100$ bet that i will squat 315lbs for 2 reps by the end of august. That means that i need to be able to do about 290lbs x 5 reps by then. Do you guys think its in reach?

well how is your form? Do you go ATG or parallel? If you go 245x5 ATG, you can do a hell of a lot more weight going only parallel.

It would definitely help to get a real routine going and video your form so people can give you input on what you can do better to improve your squat. You have 5 months to bring your squat up and i think it's doable with the right diet and routine. This means your routine will have to be a bit more organized than just doing a different body part every time you hit the gym :)

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes. I think it's possible. You are gonna need to add some mass to your frame though. I notice you play a lot of BBall. That plus lifting and Boxing burns up a ton of calories. I haven't seen you mention your diet, but the more food you're able to consume the quicker those strength and mass gains will come. Even trying to kill a gallon of milk a day will go a long way towards getting those extra pounds of mass and extra weight on the bar. You might have to sacrifice being ripped and put on a little fat, but it will be worth it in the long run. Especially if you want that $100 :biggrin:

Yeah im going ATG on my squats. i'll try to get a video of it whenever i can. And like i said im planning on doing the 5x5 routine by Bill Starr.

Monday: squat, bench, rows, some assistance (5x5)

Wednesday: Deadlift, Over head press, pullups, assitance

Friday: same as monday + dips (different rep range)

I just need to work on my diet because im pretty sure im not getting enough calories and proteins

Re: You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes. I think it's possible. You are gonna need to add some mass to your frame though. I notice you play a lot of BBall. That plus lifting and Boxing burns up a ton of calories. I haven't seen you mention your diet, but the more food you're able to consume the quicker those strength and mass gains will come. Even trying to kill a gallon of milk a day will go a long way towards getting those extra pounds of mass and extra weight on the bar. You might have to sacrifice being ripped and put on a little fat, but it will be worth it in the long run. Especially if you want that $100 :biggrin:

Oh and southern i stopped boxing until next year. I will also try to reduce the amount of time i play basketball. My diet isnt exceptionnal but i try to get in some protein in each of my 5 meals per day.

I will try to get atleast 2 liters of milk a day because a gallon seems too hard and kinda expensive.

Yeah im going ATG on my squats. i'll try to get a video of it whenever i can. And like i said im planning on doing the 5x5 routine by Bill Starr.

Monday: squat, bench, rows, some assistance (5x5)

Wednesday: Deadlift, Over head press, pullups, assitance

Friday: same as monday + dips (different rep range)

I just need to work on my diet because im pretty sure im not getting enough calories and proteins

yeah dude 5x5 is good. Also, if you're struggling to get 315 when the time comes, you can always hit a bit below parallel :) Keep going ATG for now though imo.

On a side note: I guarantee your 5RM for bench is well above 165. You hit 155x4 sets x 5 reps + a set of 3 not to failure.

Our lifts are pretty close :) keep up the good work dude.

Bro 315 for 2 will be easy to get in 5 months. You just got yourself 100 bucks! The main thing to watch out for is just don't get injured!

yeah dude 5x5 is good. Also, if you're struggling to get 315 when the time comes, you can always hit a bit below parallel :) Keep going ATG for now though imo.

On a side note: I guarantee your 5RM for bench is well above 165. You hit 155x4 sets x 5 reps + a set of 3 not to failure.

Our lifts are pretty close :) keep up the good work dude.

Thanks man. Yeah i think my bench press might be higher but the day i tested it i almost got stuck on the 5th rep. Maybe i wasnt set well or it was an off day. I'll adjust my percentages during the routine though if i feel the weights are too light.

Top Bottom