Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Legs Today/ Thinking of trying 5x5. Questions...

I think the combination of low reps and a shocker at the end would be crazy. I am just figuring out what kind of weight to use on leg press for ex. I mean if your only doing 2 sets you have to make them count.

punch said:
I think the combination of low reps and a shocker at the end would be crazy. I am just figuring out what kind of weight to use on leg press for ex. I mean if your only doing 2 sets you have to make them count.
i would do a "feeler" set medium weight then adjust..

Im set. Gonna rock em tonight. I will carry over the same w/ shoulders. I am going to try and employ some of the Zane principals...will report in the am.

I do quads on their own day...can't imagine doing anything else....I'm doing hammies and calves with shoulders several days thereafter.

I warm up TO the 5x5 workout and agree with wnt2bbeast on his two posts.

Don't make it complicated...just find a good starting weight and go for it...keep us posted in about 5-8 weeks when your hitting your bigger limits...

Also, I do heavy Leg Presses after squats....might not be a good idea, but I'm usually light-headed through those...if I'm not, then I it the hack squat sled for a few heavies...then I crawl over to the leg-extensions; I go pretty slow on the reps...usually pretty cooked after all that....

Typically, I finish up with the (don't laugh) silly machine that all the chicks use...the one that you squeeze your thighs together....I like this machine since it feels so different than anything else...(and get some good looks as I use almost the whole rack).

Hope this helps in some way....

well, hi Legs and Shoulders yesterday, here is how it went:

Squats: warmup 135/15 reps then 225/8 reps
1st set: 245/5 reps ( this was very easy, but I had to start somewhere, so I really slowed my rep speed down?

2-4 ( same )
5th set: 225/ 15 reps ( I know I should have stuck w/ 245 )

Leg Press: 4 plates a side( I did these 1 legged ) 10 reps for 2 sets.

Lunges: 45lb dumbels 2 sets of 10 reps ( these put a hurting on me )

SLDL: Used Dbls on these 70's for 2 sets of 10 reps

Leg Ext: 2 sets of 10 w/ 7-8 second decent on each.

I really like this routine, My squats felt very strong, cant wait to see how it feels next week. Its funny, psychologically 5 reps seem like a cake walk compared to the 10-12 I normally do. My last set of squats for 15 reps was taxing and was a good shock for the last set.

The remaining sets of 2 for 10 reps were tough, especially keeping neg/pos slow and keeping form perfect. Overall I give the workout thumbs up and will utilize the method for my other workouts for a bit.

Top Bottom