Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to prepare for a 1RM

MJSbossman

I plan on maxing out in bench 2 weeks from this friday. My normal chest day is friday. I alternate each week with dumbbells and barbells. One week I start with flat barbell, then do incline barbell, about 4-7 reps. The next week I start with incline DB then do flat DB.

My goal is to max out at 325. My old max is 305, set in the middle of Feb. At that time, I could rep 235x7. My last barbell workout, I repped 255x7. This week is barbell week, so I will move up to 265 and rep that.

I'd like to ask if I should drop my reps in the next couple weeks, do less volume, and if I should do a barbell workout next week, where I'd usually use dumbbells. So I have 2 chest training days, then the maxout day the week after. I've never prepared for maxing out, I usually just train like normal. Thanks for the help.

Just kinda take the lifting easy the week your going to max. I would lift, just not extremly hard. We usually hit our speed work, and some other minor stuff. Day of, make sure your warm!!! Go up in weight slowly in small amounts.

you should never try to jump from a pussy weight to your 1RM. Not everyone has to warm up as slowly as i do but you should aways start out light then make small jumps up to your max.

Top Bottom