Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fucking Finally!

Congratz on the bench pr. That is a good milestone to hit.

It reminds me when I briefly trained with the powerlifters I know. I had been back in the gym for 4 months after a good year layoff and could bench 275 and one day I was a little tired and only repped 225 for like 5-6 reps. I got up and said to myself and said fuck that's weak.

The guy spotting me had like a 500 squat and 550 deadlift, but was HORRIBLY built for benching and he says to me "you just repped my lifetime pr goal". I felt a little bad after that. Not everyone is built for it.

So double gratz on your lift man. 315 is something to be proud of. You are now officially stronger than 99% of gym goers imho.

Also very nice oh pressing man. Standing Military presses really are a manly exercise. I see guys benching all the time or doing seated db presses using half reps.

Couple of things that might help on your press if you don't already do is use a thumbless grip and bring the bar down controlled, but quickly lower to around your mouth/chin height and then explosively press it. I have watched a few vids of some strong pressers and none of them take the bar down to the collarbone. All that's doing is putting you into an overly weak position.

I don't believe in half reps bullshit except on seated db presses as it does feel like tension is better maintained, but for standing bb press I like explosive pressing and bringing the bar down to about the mouth level.

Wow I almost find that hard to believe! I've never heard of anyone with those numbers benching less than 315 or so, and that would be conisdered a weak bench for those numbers

The guy was 6'3" tall, moderate length slightly thicker than average legs. Problem was he had a short torse combined with long pencil arms and very narrow shoulders. I think benching 225 would be solid for him considering he practically had the bone structure of a 12 year old in the upper shoulder region.

I'm not joking. Probably had 14" arms after years of training and looking back his wrists had to be smaller than 7".

Ultra classic hardgainer genetics in the upper body.

The guy was 6'3" tall, moderate length slightly thicker than average legs. Problem was he had a short torse combined with long pencil arms and very narrow shoulders. I think benching 225 would be solid for him considering he practically had the bone structure of a 12 year old in the upper shoulder region.

I'm not joking. Probably had 14" arms after years of training and looking back his wrists had to be smaller than 7".

Ultra classic hardgainer genetics in the upper body.

I had barely over 14.5" inch arms when I benched 255.... That is weird though to have 14 inchers after years of training.

Top Bottom