Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

delayed soreness

danaf1

Anybody have advice on speeding recovery after a workout? I don't know why, but when I train I don't become sore for anywhere from 24-48 hrs afterward and that can last another 24-48 hrs. I eat well, plenty of calories, protein, take vitamins, glutamine, could use some more carbs though. I always grow but I could could progress faster if I could speed up this excessive delay of recovey. Plus it makes any type of scheduled training impossible because there is no way for me to know when I will be good to train. Creatine helps but gives me kidney pains after about four or five weeks. I am starting a cycle of 500 mg test enath next week, do you think that will take care of the recovery problem?

Being sore comes from lack of conditioning. You tend to see this alot in bodypart once per week type of training.

Do a search on active recovery, i here that works well. I cant say for myself though, ive never tried it.

JL_204 said:
Being sore comes from lack of conditioning. You tend to see this alot in bodypart once per week type of training.

Do a search on active recovery, i here that works well. I cant say for myself though, ive never tried it.

Well, being sore is actually just the micro tears in muscle fibers caused by overloading them. This is actually what you want to do to make muscle grow. that is why a person can do a certain type of training or weight and be sore at first then after time it becomes easy. The muscle has adapted to this and is no longer being broken down from that weight/training. I'm not concerned by the soreness itself because when I become sore I grow but I am concerned with the amount of time involved in the recovery as I feel it is slowing my gains. I will check about the active recovery, I heard it works by keeping blood in the broken tissue and therefore mor nutrients to help it heal quicker. Thanks bro.

More recovery cant be a bad thing. It will ensure you dont overtrain. I hardly ever train 2 days in a row call me lazy but I still pack on size no prob. I believe that its not just the muscle you worked that must recover, but your whole body.

muscelove said:
More recovery cant be a bad thing. It will ensure you dont overtrain. I hardly ever train 2 days in a row call me lazy but I still pack on size no prob. I believe that its not just the muscle you worked that must recover, but your whole body.

I CAN'T train two days in a row unless it is an upper body group followed by legs, even then I feel like I did too much because I recover even slower. I would like to be able to train hard every other day though but sometimes that is too much. As of right now, I can train every third or fourth day and see good gains, just want to be able to speed up the recovery so I can make the gains quicker.

Try doing more stretching at the end of your workout. Also try doing some decently high intensity cardio on the day after your workout.

It's been pretty much proven that soreness and growth/strength-gains are not at all related. If you are used to an exercise then you can still be growing nicely without a hint of doms. It's mostly a sign that either you are doing something new or have extended yourself too far. The body doesn't have any intrinsic objection either to working out or to growth but it has warning systems in place to tell you when you are over-stressing it and that you need to be careful while it adjusts.

On the creatine, you shouldn't run it for more than a couple of months without a break, although many do. Make sure that you're drinking at least 4 litres of water each day. The gear should solve your current recovery issues but be careful not to push yourself with even heavier weights and create fresher and worse recovery issues. For the first few weeks, add volume rather than weight.

Top Bottom