Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest prep weight training

Bbena

This might be a shot in the dark but I figured why not I asked. What are you guys suggest someone does ahead of a contest in terms of their weight training. this will be my first contest and I can't afford to hire a coach. I've been doing split routines for the past two years Should I stick with that or do I radically change what I do

mobster and I have been doing podcasts on various pro bodybuilders and one pattern that is obvious is that split routines are the norm. usually its 4-5 day splits where they hammer a muscle group once a week

split routines are something i recommend if you train intensely for that reason. total body workouts are good for those who are just trying to get back in shape or older people who are weekend warriors

split routines is way better for contest prep
like heavy until 12 weeks out and 12 weeks out high reps low weights

Just prior to a show, you are not trying to get the muscle to grow purce. You are trying to pump it with blood. Your caloric deficit will not permit it to happen.
Your CNS is also being taxed. Trying to do a full body workout daily will most likely be counterproductive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom