Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

workout partners

who makes a better partner?

• guys

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • girls

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • go both ways....hehe

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • do it alone

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

diezel

i was having this conversation 2day with a couple of instructors....... i was saying how i really miss having a good workout partner and how whenever i workout with my friends, it turns into me training them. plus, they never push me when i need it or really know how to spot the right way. theyre too busy checkin out every guy that wlks by in a tank top like theyve never seen muscles and a dick before....anyway, i mentioned how i think that guys make the best workout partners. soooo.....
which do you prefer?

I honestly prefer guys because they push me harder than most girls do. Also, the girls in my gym are wimps...I feel like I am the strongest one in there! (girl, anyway). I get pissed off when I have to put some weight on there and they can't spot me correctly because they are afraid they'll screw up.

Guys definitely, but at the moment I am all by my lonesome. Plus, it's hard to find a workout partner that can workout around my schedule.

I prefer to train w/ men...most women do not train intense etc...But I am of course training solo most of the time w/ my schedule now..been trying to train w/ W6 a few times....but for now Im on my own:(

I imagine there's an elite chick or two that I could train with, but since I don't exactly live in Bodybuilding Central, the few women I've ever trained around would make sorry workout partners. I think any woman could turn into a perfectly viable partner, it's not a genetic thang, but would definitely need to be de-programmed first. In the weight room, most women still wear an apron, know what I mean?

So far I have really enjoyed the men I've been able to train with and around. In general they have been very respectful and have provided much more give-and-take in the training environment than the women I have encountered.

Right now I'm training alone, and I rather appreciate how quickly I get through my workout when I'm not spotting someone else or getting stuck in the chit chat.

So I land somewhere between "with a man" and "by myself."

i worked out with men and women and the men and the times ive trained with men were the ones i REALLY remember. i usually shed a few tears in between my sets. they totally kicked my ass and i couldnt have enjoyed it more;)

I have trained a lone for so long..... like since 1991. I've had trainers at various intervals, but ultimately I train alone. I would prefer to train w/ guys tho.

I'm to the point where I am afraid to push myself because I don't have a workout parter.

For example, last week I was having a strong bench day, felt brave and topped my best ever weight, BUT on the 7th rep I got it down but couldn't get it back up.

I work out at night when the gym is pratically empty..luckily there was a guy watching me (see pigs in the gym DO come in handy some times!) and he ran over to help.

It was embarrassing and scary.

VDL

OTCbooty said:
I imagine there's an elite chick or two that I could train with, but since I don't exactly live in Bodybuilding Central, the few women I've ever trained around would make sorry workout partners. I think any woman could turn into a perfectly viable partner, it's not a genetic thang, but would definitely need to be de-programmed first. In the weight room, most women still wear an apron, know what I mean? ...

I think OTCbooty said it all. My gym is the same way. Most of the chicks are cardio jockeys only. (And even doing that they rarely break a sweat!) The few that venture anywhere near the weights do machines only or nothing heavier than 10's.

My husband and I workout at the same time but do our own thing. We'll give each other a spot when necessary, but since we both have limited time, it's quicker working mostly solo. It would be awesome to have a hard-driving trainer every now and then, but our gym doesn't have any I'd want.

by my lonesome mostly!

but starting with a trainer this weekend....have known him for a long time...and know he will kick my butt! He's trained several gurls for competitions successfully plus he's a nurse/nutritionist by degree....combined with all the great info i get from u guys i hope to be on the path to meeting my goals!

definitely like working out with guys better! They push me when I need it!

but gurls in my gym...i think alot of them just don't know or understand how to use the weights and are afraid to ask or of thinking they look dumb if they don't know how to do something...

Top Bottom