Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out while sick.

Well - it was a good workout and thankfully there was only me in the gym so no worries coughing or sweating a bit extra.

Failure came a bit sooner than normal - couldn't get more than 8 incline DB fly's at 80lbs. That was after dips and cables mind you but it felt good.

I feel like shit now though.

centy said:
LOL. But all that being said, I hate it when I hear some dude in the gym hacking and blowing his nose and shit. I'm gonna be reaching for those db's in a minute or two - hope I don't catch what he's got. No better place to transmit illness than a gym.

Yah, same point I was going to make....

Look, if it's a minor cold or bug that you think will shake in a few days, you can certainly push through it and train....actually, a workout can even help boost your immune system in this case. But if you're full-on sick, flu, anything hard-core, LAY OFF for a few days...even a week if you have to... in that case, you make things worse for your body to recover...not to mention spread it around more.... and besides, muscles have amazing memory...a few days off will certainly not derail you.

I'm just getting over the damn chest flu, "fever, chills, coughing up crud, etc" Couldn't eat a whole lot, or train at all.

I had to take almost all last week off, but I started back today, and I didn't lose ANY strength!

I think a few days rest if your really sick won't hurt much at all. It will probably help to rest to give your system a chance to heal itself from the sickness, and not have to worry about repairing itself from a workout too. :)

I workout sick. heck im sick now, and have been for weeks. If I decided to take the time off id be out of the gym for way too long.

i'm sic now myself...but this is more like a chest flu, shivers, achey, weak...I feel the need to take a few days off. fortunately too, i had a massive work-out just beore i got sick, and at the end of a five day - workout cycle. I'm 4 weeks into my anabolic androgenic steroids cycle too. I instinctively feel like - Rest, and back into the gym with a couple extra days off) and i hope to be back at 70% or better - I'm certain my workouts will be more focused, and more beneficial for the effort. But as so many have pointed out - different stokes: and you have to be intuned with your body! Do what's best for YOU in this case.

I dont think any excuse, even being sick, can cover up missing a workout...jaykays. Just listenin to your body.

However, did you think of the mental sickness you will undergo from being away from the gym?

safety4lyfe said:
I dont think any excuse, even being sick, can cover up missing a workout...jaykays. Just listenin to your body.

However, did you think of the mental sickness you will undergo from being away from the gym?

Holy shit Bros - you planning on majoring in psychology. The only mental sickness I have revolves around being away from a bottle of booze - been almost 6 months dry now.

Hit the gym no less than 4 days a week since.

Holy shit Bros - you planning on majoring in psychology. The only mental sickness I have revolves around being away from a bottle of booze - been almost 6 months dry now.

Hit the gym no less than 4 days a week since.

Right on...I've been off the sauce for quite sometime as well, at least it feels like it :p
Just kids about the being away from the gym...but whenever its a day when im not in the gym, its just an all-around shitty day. kinda like when you stub your toe in the morning and your whole day sucks cause of it.

mr.nitro said:
I workout sick. heck im sick now, and have been for weeks. If I decided to take the time off id be out of the gym for way too long.

Being sick for a few weeks should raise a flag bro... and had you taken a few days to recover, that would likely have prevented you from being sick for a few weeks... and your workouts would've been better too

Top Bottom