Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

with all the talk of bent over rows...is this okay?

magman1

do three sets with palms down, and three with palms up? i feel my lats are hit much harder with palms up, and my upper back much harder with palms down...i just dont want overkill

bignate73 said:
why not switch off every other workout?

My sentiments exactly brother. There are too many other good lifts to do for your back, to take up 1/2 your routine with just barbell rows, no matter how good of a mass builder they might be. Personally, I think that deads are just as good at putting mass on the spinal erectors as barbell rows are to thickening the lats, that I would want to make some room for at least two sets of those somewhere in the routine. I also would want to incorporate some 1 arm lifts like 1 arm pulley rows, or dbell rows. Then a couple of sets of some sort of pullup. A couple sets of lat pulls. With just the lifts I mentioned, if you just did 2 sets apiece, you'd be into 10-12 sets right there. Any more than that, and you'd probably be overtraining in my opinion(at least I would). Anyhow, the point is, is that's overkill on the bbell rows bro. Just my opinion.

here's something you can try;

deadlift (5 sets)
BB bent over row (3 sets, palms facing away)
one arm bent over row or other exercise of choice (2 sets)

have been doing this for a while and i can already see results in my lats...give it a shot!

i feel the back has the most good quality compound exercises for it. its a treat just coming up with my workout on back day because there are so many damn choices.

I use alternated grips during a single workout for about six weeks, and then I alternate per workout for 6 weeks. Remember that the name of the game is changing the stress that you put your body under.

Top Bottom