Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why volume trainers deny the truth of low volume training

I generally stay away from topics such as this...

But the minute someone says there is ONE optimal way of training and that all others are subpar, I stop listening.

My only input is this: I have trained 'hardgainer' style, and in the past six months or so I have trained with a MUCH higher-volume routine. I've basically determined, FOR ME, that a high volume program works better- provided I listen to my body and back off a bit when I feel beat up.

IMO, the strength gains I have made in the past six months aren't even remotely comparable to gains I made previously.

I made progress with much lower volume.. but there is no comparison- higher volume works better. FOR ME.

Find out what works better for YOU and stick with it. Making blanket statements about what works for EVERYBODY is idiotic and closed-minded.

Not a flame.. but everyone responds differently and people need to recognize that.

Reactions: sk*
b fold the truth said:

And there are many guys getting HUGE and 'becoming total monsters' who are not training with DC or HST. This, proves that these methods are not the ONLY nor are they factually the BEST methods.

B True

Well, I was only using those programs as an example, but you're really agreeing with me in a sense. I was just saying that it's possible to get an incredible physique with the use of only 1 program, as long as it's a good one.

TheOak84 said:

just post some pics, unless ur like debaser.. frail...

And some people say I try to start flame wars, lol...but apparently I must be doing something right, considering I've put on nearly 60 lbs in 1 1/2 years of training.

My friend on the football team (only a junior, mind you) weighed in at 145 this time last year. He began training on the BFS program. This past August, he weighed in at 215. He ate maybe 3000 calories a day, and 200 grams of protein. The kid is about 6'1" and has a thick frame. For his size, and progressing weight, most of you here would think he should have eaten more. I think 70 lbs. says something, though.

Not much fat on him, either. He just got huge.

Arnold'sApprentice said:

Don't be put off by guys who say ' i tried low volume and it did nothing for me' ...these are guys who can't muster sufficient intensity and level of focus to make it happen. These are guys who have pumped themselves up to the eyeballs with steroids who can't accept they wasted YEARS doing too many sets too many times a week..too many weeks a year..too many years a decade.

Considering those were almost exactly my words, I take it that this comment is directed at me. If that is the case, then you truely are the most pathetic punk kid that has ever posted on this board. I reponded to your post without insulting you, and yet again you result to insulting me, with the kind of insults I would expect to hear in a sandbox. You saw the pics I posted while still natural, and I bet that they look better than you ever will, with or without steroids.

All you have to back up your big mouth is theory, stuff that you have read, as you dont have the exerience or physique to back up the verbal diarrhea you keep posting. You ask for an intelligent debate, but as soon as someone posts something that doesnt agree with you, you again resort to pathetic insults.

I am guessing B was right when he called you a troll, as there is absolutely no way that anyone who wasnt raised in a dirt village in the african savana, cold possibly be that ignorant. So that being the case, obviously you dont even believe the stuff that comes out of your own mouth, and all you are doing is posting crap to get a reaction. Well reality check, you arent wanted here, and as soon as we get a mod in this forum then I bet you will end up banned. Good thing too, as if I wanted to debate at yor level, then I would go down the street to the local public school and pull a kid off the jungle gym

i think Arnold'sApprentice IS debaser.. its the perfect crime, no?

btw.. kool u put on 60 pounds.. if ur tryin to say im small, im not, i like the way i look and im more impressed with my strength and endurance then my looks..

the way i look is just a side effect to how strong i am :)

Debaser said:

I would disagree with this statement man, as there are many guys that are becoming total monsters under DC training alone. There are some very impressive HST guys as well. If the one type of training you are doing is incredibly successful I see no reason to switch to something else...

I do agree that there seem to be a lot of guys making pretty damn good gains under DC, but my thinking is that in the end, the most complete physique would be the one that utilizes several of the opposite systems.
A good example is my training partner, hes been a member of elite since 1999 so has been around for a while. He followed the DC system for a few months, and did like it. He made some good size gains and was happy with it. But now he has switched to a system somewhere in between DC and volume, and hes blowing up like I have never seen before. And my guess is because he is going back and forth between opposite systems, he is forcing his body into some incredible growth that would not have happend under just one system

needsize said:

I do agree that there seem to be a lot of guys making pretty damn good gains under DC, but my thinking is that in the end, the most complete physique would be the one that utilizes several of the opposite systems.
A good example is my training partner, hes been a member of elite since 1999 so has been around for a while. He followed the DC system for a few months, and did like it. He made some good size gains and was happy with it. But now he has switched to a system somewhere in between DC and volume, and hes blowing up like I have never seen before. And my guess is because he is going back and forth between opposite systems, he is forcing his body into some incredible growth that would not have happend under just one system

That's what it's about. Finding a method or parts of different methods that work for you and running with it. There is no one size fits all method out there, customize the one you follow to fit you.:)

needsize said:

That's awesome. As casual has said, a good way is to find a good compromise between volume and frequency to get to your maximum rate of gain. Something that helps in DC training is that the system is anti-plateau by it's very nature (rotating exercises, substituting one in when you can't gain strength anymore on a certain movement).

TheOak84 said:
i think Arnold'sApprentice IS debaser.. its the perfect crime, no?

btw.. kool u put on 60 pounds.. if ur tryin to say im small, im not, i like the way i look and im more impressed with my strength and endurance then my looks..

the way i look is just a side effect to how strong i am :)

Lol now you're the one being a troll, he lives in the U.K. and the IP addresses already confirmed that.

I never said you were small, I was just saying that I know what I'm talking about. I am curious though why you didn't include a leg shot in any of your pics.

Top Bottom