Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why volume trainers deny the truth of low volume training

Debaser said:

That's awesome. As casual has said, a good way is to find a good compromise between volume and frequency to get to your maximum rate of gain. Something that helps in DC training is that the system is anti-plateau by it's very nature (rotating exercises, substituting one in when you can't gain strength anymore on a certain movement).

After my show I decided to switch things up like that. I didnt go DC, but pretty much hst, with only a few sets to total failure per bodypart. When my gains started to slow, I doubled the amount of sets, which still left me with pretty low volume but twice what I was doing, and I started to grow again. Between that and whats going on with my training parter, I am convinced that if I keep switching between systems when things slow down, then I will keep making gains. Some day I may even try DC exactly as it is written, probably wont tell anyone about it though as I dont want any "I told you so's"...jk

Any argument about what program is better then another is a simple waste of time. If it works, then use it, if it doesn't then don't. It's all personalized.

AA, your a superhero...must take a lot of courage to stand behind your computer and show just how ignorant you can be...hey...at least it's not real life or it would look like a gangbang...

needsize said:

Considering those were almost exactly my words, I take it that this comment is directed at me. If that is the case, then you truely are the most pathetic punk kid that has ever posted on this board. I reponded to your post without insulting you, and yet again you result to insulting me, with the kind of insults I would expect to hear in a sandbox. You saw the pics I posted while still natural, and I bet that they look better than you ever will, with or without steroids.

All you have to back up your big mouth is theory, stuff that you have read, as you dont have the exerience or physique to back up the verbal diarrhea you keep posting. You ask for an intelligent debate, but as soon as someone posts something that doesnt agree with you, you again resort to pathetic insults.

I am guessing B was right when he called you a troll, as there is absolutely no way that anyone who wasnt raised in a dirt village in the african savana, cold possibly be that ignorant. So that being the case, obviously you dont even believe the stuff that comes out of your own mouth, and all you are doing is posting crap to get a reaction. Well reality check, you arent wanted here, and as soon as we get a mod in this forum then I bet you will end up banned. Good thing too, as if I wanted to debate at yor level, then I would go down the street to the local public school and pull a kid off the jungle gym

what the hell is your problem? you think i meant you? guilty conscience? i wasn't trying to flame you at all.

you're being oversensitive,if my remarks were close to the bone then that's your problem n olt mine.

i wasn't trying to say anything about you...i think you look awesome..but you have to stop being so self absorbed..i wasn't even thinking about you

Arnold'sApprentice said:

what the hell is your problem? you think i meant you? guilty conscience? i wasn't trying to flame you at all.

you're being oversensitive,if my remarks were close to the bone then that's your problem n olt mine.

i wasn't trying to say anything about you...i think you look awesome..but you have to stop being so self absorbed..i wasn't even thinking about you

you quoted my exact words, then threw out the exact same insults that you've been throwing at me all along, so it was obvious you were talking about me. You remarks "arent even close to the bone" as you talked about no intensity and using juice to make up for it, anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time knows how far from the truth that is

Reactions: sk*
Debaser said:
I never said you were small, I was just saying that I know what I'm talking about. I am curious though why you didn't include a leg shot in any of your pics.

i can give u a leg shot if you want, i stopped training legs for 4 months to give my knees and lower back a rest. i just started again on tuesday. i mean, my quads are 23 inches. thats not big at all, but they are conditioned. actually i will post a pic in a month or 2. plus, my friend was takin the pics and hes kinda a homophobe. i just didnt wanna take my pants off in front of him.. but ya. i do have 1 pic i took with a shitty digital cam, its of my shin bleeding from dead, u can see my quad, ill post it in a sec

TheOak84 said:

i can give u a leg shot if you want, i stopped training legs for 4 months to give my knees and lower back a rest. i just started again on tuesday. i mean, my quads are 23 inches. thats not big at all, but they are conditioned. actually i will post a pic in a month or 2. plus, my friend was takin the pics and hes kinda a homophobe. i just didnt wanna take my pants off in front of him.. but ya. i do have 1 pic i took with a shitty digital cam, its of my shin bleeding from dead, u can see my quad, ill post it in a sec

this is from about 9-12 months ago

5f04635a0dc2bedf95e38f5ded733813.jpg

Arnold'sApprentice said:
1. Science and bb'ing.. wanna know something? most of the science concerning bb'ing is bogus,the scientists who come up with these studies are either working for the supplement companies fulltime or are funded by them. By this I mean that they either go in everyday to muscletech labaratories with a fixed agenda..or they recieve a massive reasearch grant to come up with findings that a specific company want.

That is why I am very sceptical of many scientific studies.

Prove it. You are a guy posting on an internet forum dissing studies - and that would be fine if you could prove it. And I don't just mean ones done by supplement companies. I recently asked a question about different muscles having different recovery times and someone posted about 6 articles on the subject with links that were done imperically.

Even when I answer questions on this board, I am most often quoting directly from reputable source (Delvier's book, a nutritional label, etc) and state as much.

Arnold'sApprentice said:
One of the best studies is a study by Harvard students that showed that nearly all the gains in strength and size occur in the first,hard workset..with maybe slightly more strength gain wiht a second set.

Link? I am unfamiliar with this study.

Arnold'sApprentice said:
2. The leap of faith.
I have no faith. Faith is unescessary in a field where science and experience can prove things. If you were a professional body builder, posted pics and incredible PRs or even documented a very good rate of improvement for yourself with this method, and then posited the low volume thing as a theory, then it would be permittable to let you trade on your reputation (what you might call a 'leap of faith') just as you are likely to trust a contractor for your next house when they have built many houses for you before with no problem. But AFAIK you don't have that record here.

I really wish you were correct, and that I only needed to do 2 sets for every exercise. It would save me a lot of time in the gym and probably reduce the risk of injury.

Sebass67 said:

AA, your a superhero...must take a lot of courage to stand behind your computer and show just how ignorant you can be...hey...at least it's not real life or it would look like a gangbang...

It's 'you're' and why would I stand behind a computer? I'm not the wizard of Oz

Cuthbert said:

My only input is this: I have trained 'hardgainer' style, and in the past six months or so I have trained with a MUCH higher-volume routine. I've basically determined, FOR ME, that a high volume program works better- provided I listen to my body and back off a bit when I feel beat up.

With the utmost respect I would counter that you simply did not generate sufficient intensity to satisfy the criteria of true low volume/high intensity. Many guys just cannot handle the demands of high intensity training...eg ,look at Dorian Yates and compare him to Flex Wheeler.

If you gave it your all you would stick with it...try it again bro

Top Bottom