Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why volume trainers deny the truth of low volume training

I got sucked into reading this post and figure that makes me entitled to ask a question of AA.

BB/ST is a science. A very, very studied science that goes back to the origin of the olympics in Greece AT LEAST.

So perhaps, AA, you can explain the science of your low volume, high intensity workout.

To call something 'the best way, bar none' among experts such as those in this board, I expect links to published, peer-reviewed articles published in reputable journals.

Also, please answer the question just the LV/HI is best 'for'.

I personally do most of my exercises at 4x8 or 3x8, targeting failure by the second or third set, and sometimes i drop the weight amount to complete my sets. I'm on the verge of redrwawing my workout and if you are indeed demonstratably correct, I will be following your advice.

why would someone be so childish as to waste his time creating new user names to agree w/himself. im sorry, i usually try to stay out of threads that turn into this but this if freakin unreal..:rolleyes:

needsize said:
, but anyone who limits themself to only one type of training is not only close minded and ignorant, but are also dooming themselves to a sub par physique

I would disagree with this statement man, as there are many guys that are becoming total monsters under DC training alone. There are some very impressive HST guys as well. If the one type of training you are doing is incredibly successful I see no reason to switch to something else...

i gotta agree with both needsize and debaser here.....

if your routine is incredibily successful, then there is no reason to switch to something else.

if you are plateauing on your routine or the gains are just slowing down more and more, then you are closed minded if you limit yourself to one type of training.

both of you are correct when you think of it in this way.

Debaser said:

I would disagree with this statement man, as there are many guys that are becoming total monsters under DC training alone. There are some very impressive HST guys as well. If the one type of training you are doing is incredibly successful I see no reason to switch to something else...

And there are many guys getting HUGE and 'becoming total monsters' who are not training with DC or HST. This, proves that these methods are not the ONLY nor are they factually the BEST methods.

B True

Im your best friend one minute and trying to eat your kidneys the next!! :fro:

its tru, thats y i only have one kidney now, and cant drink as much beer :(

Arnold'sApprentice said:

Here we go another newbie who thinks you gotta be huge to have any knowledge or give advice...bro that's how we all got so overtrained ..with that flawed logic :rolleyes:

just post some pics, unless ur like debaser.. frail...

HIT can mean many different systems. a lot of guys call a basic low volume/high intensity routine hit. but look at what say dorian did and mentzer hit..dorian trained 4 days a week,mike by the end trained once every 9 days...what hit do you mean bro?

Synpax said:
I got sucked into reading this post and figure that makes me entitled to ask a question of AA.

BB/ST is a science. A very, very studied science that goes back to the origin of the olympics in Greece AT LEAST.

So perhaps, AA, you can explain the science of your low volume, high intensity workout.

To call something 'the best way, bar none' among experts such as those in this board, I expect links to published, peer-reviewed articles published in reputable journals.

Also, please answer the question just the LV/HI is best 'for'.

I personally do most of my exercises at 4x8 or 3x8, targeting failure by the second or third set, and sometimes i drop the weight amount to complete my sets. I'm on the verge of redrwawing my workout and if you are indeed demonstratably correct, I will be following your advice.

Hi...good,intelligent post I will try to answer it as best I can but remember the guy who knows the most on this is debaser.

1. Science and bb'ing.. wanna know something? most of the science concerning bb'ing is bogus,the scientists who come up with these studies are either working for the supplement companies fulltime or are funded by them. By this I mean that they either go in everyday to muscletech labaratories with a fixed agenda..or they recieve a massive reasearch grant to come up with findings that a specific company want.

That is why I am very sceptical of many scientific studies. I can however, give many examples of studies that show that 1-2 sets of a given exercise is all you will actually grow from . so Mr overtrainer who does 5 sets does 3 TOTALLY UNECESSARY sets. If he has great genetics and/or juices he will get away with it but his gains will slow over time and he will begin to seek the help of supplements and even vitamin S -- THE SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES WANT YOU TO OVERTRAIN,THEY WANT YOU TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS...THEY HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN KEEPING HIGH VOLUME ALIVE...a 2 billion dollar industry my friend.

One of the best studies is a study by Harvard students that showed that nearly all the gains in strength and size occur in the first,hard workset..with maybe slightly more strength gain wiht a second set.

I am inclined to accept these studies with slightly more confidence as those conducting them at such academic institutions have more of an interest in truth (be be careful!)

2. The leap of faith.

They can save a man by transplanting a pig's heart into his body but they actually disagree widely on the optimal way t obuild muscle. TGhe scientists who have become involved in this area are,as explained, virtually all corrupted by the billion dollar suplement industry. Don't WORRY! there is a way to discover the truth..an old empirical method that has worked since man's inception : TRY IT AND SEE. Drop your 4 sets and do 2 instead..crank up the intensity and grow..it really is that simple. Don't be put off by guys who say ' i tried low volume and it did nothing for me' ...these are guys who can't muster sufficient intensity and level of focus to make it happen. These are guys who have pumped themselves up to the eyeballs with steroids who can't accept they wasted YEARS doing too many sets too many times a week..too many weeks a year..too many years a decade.

Leaving this mindest is tough,impossible for some,leave them behind overtraining and spending everything they have on roids and crap supplements. Don't listen to the genetic elite who grow doing anything,don't listen to the juicers who say 'i only juiced when i reached my limit,i still know about natural training' and don't listen to these cod,phony scientists who say WHATEVER a supplement comapny want them to say for a nice fat check.

Training is about YOU..take the leap of faith and see how YOU grow.

peace out bro

Last edited:
Top Bottom