Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which is better?

erika55555

I'm in the process of trying to figure out if the product that I'm using as my protein shake is what is best for me if my main goal is to lower my fat but still keep my muscle. I am using MuscleTech's Nitro-Tech Hardcore and was comparing it to the stuff from Med-Rx called Metabolic Drive. It seems as though they are both similar other than a couple of little things:

Cons Nitro-Tech Metabolic Drive
+.05g more saturated fat +10g more fat from calories
+40mg more of cholesterol +1g more of total fat
-190mg less potassium +5g more sodium
*+1.5g of more carbs
*-1g of less fiber (putting both carbs at the same amount)
+1g more sugar

(Same amount of fillers per scoop)

I just am not that fitness savoy and I don't want to be jeopardizing my strict diet/workout schedule. I was considering doing or substituting which ever product that I'm going to be doing during the Velocity Diet. I'm not to crazy with the products that they push for the diet and know better ones.

Thank you for any help.

My personal thoughts is that it is not going to make a big difference with those amounts...but that is just me

I am not fond of either Met-Rx (which always tastes chalky to me), or Muscletech products, I think they spend too much on advertising and most of it is hype.

Really, there is not much in the difference between whey proteins, some may be a slightly better quality, and it is more important to look for the type of whey, micellar caseins, digested/hydrolysed, whey isolates, etc, especially if you are taking protein shakes by themselves (again something I am not that fond of).

Get one you like the taste of.

Personally, I buy a lot of bulk unflavoured whey protein quite a bit from myprotein (in the UK). Far cheaper, and I can flavour as I like.

I just got some Solgar, similar to the bulk as there are no sweeteners so you can put what you want into it (I am trying to use Stevia).

Losing fat and maintaining muscle is all down to

1. Genetics
2. Diet-keeping protein high and calories in a decent range
3. Training-maintaining the heavy lifting and intensity while dieting

It has nothing to do with which whey protein you use.

I would save some money and get Optimum Nutritions protien. It is cheap and it works.

Tatyana said:
1. Genetics
2. Diet-keeping protein high and calories in a decent range
3. Training-maintaining the heavy lifting and intensity while dieting

It has nothing to do with which whey protein you use.

^^ What she said.

Top Bottom