Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When do you think you'll quit training?

power-builder

I'm 38 and have been training for 20 years. Never thought I'd go this long. Not thinking about quitting anytime soon but can you be 60-70 and still train?

I don't know about over 70 (I doubt I'll live that long), but 60, yes no doubt. I have a 53 year old client that still lifts respectable amounts and does triple and giant sets all the time, no gear.

i'm lifting til the end..it's a lifestyle now.can't just stop training/eating habits just cause your age # is increasing...keep going bud...and never stop!:)

da big thinker said:
i'm lifting til the end..it's a lifestyle now.can't just stop training/eating habits just cause your age # is increasing...keep going bud...and never stop!:)
I'm with you!By then,powerlifting will be a part of the senior olympics,and I plan on getting the gold :)

when I'm in some accident and become a quadriplegic (god forbid), that would be right about when I'd stop training.

Why stop ever? I see people over 60 at my gym, and plenty over 50. Some of them, those who've been doing it a while, look great. Unless you develop some medical condition where it's dangerous or impossible to train I wouldn't quit just when I get old. Training helps keep you feeling younger, so they say. If I'm still training fine by then, I'm not going to just stop on my 70th birthday and say, Well, I guess I'm too old now, time to quit the gym and just sit at home.

No way!

i dont think u can otherwise it all goes to fat....and that is bad at old age...but yeah, a lot of cardio, some weights mostly machines and toning and a personal trainer calling me pops (right before i clock him i the face) is where i see myself in 50 years (again assuming i make it that far). dont forgert compund movements like standing curls and dips are impossible at that age

About 2 to 2 1/2 weeks after I die . . . I will consider quiting . . . but I doubt it. :cool:

Top Bottom