Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's the best center chest builder?

babybodybuilder2.5 said:
Hey guys thanks for the advice about the push-ups. I have started doing them and I can feel the difference when I'm done...ouch... :)

Lee Priest always tests to make sure the muscle is dead before finishing up. That's why I started to incorporate this philosophy to all muscles trained and not just chest. You will notice some big gains, by doing this.

Try doing pullups after back, dips after tri's, standing straight bar curls after bi's etc...

this idea is flawed. are you talking about glycogen depletion? or just CNS failure? i'd probably agree if there werent a number of systems out there reaping very good gains doing submaximal work, and not to failure. stimulate, not annihilate.

kind of a caveman approach, IMO.

if you train to exhaustion, wouldn't you automatically be training for maximum stimulation? i understand that fatigue doesn't make muscles grow, that it's the work involved. but those last pushups push the muscles just a bit harder. just a different way of describing the same act i reckin. however, i don't know enough about muscle growth to dispute or claim any training over another.

on another note, saying that a muscle works as one unit would work for a muscle with only 1 insertion point and 1 origion like the bicep. however, i know for damn sure that i can work and flex my pec in different ways to stress the upper, middle, lower, inner, and outer parts. the origion point of the pec major is the clavicle, sternum, and cartilage of the top 6 ribs (this is a wide area from sternum to edges of cartilage. it includes many seperate strands of muscle with the thicker, outer strands connecting on the cartilage).

could we say that each strand can only be worked as one long chain? each strand flexes the fibers in a certain order. on my pec the outside strands contract maximally first to bring my arm in. once my arm is in the outer pec strands have less leverage, but the inner pec strands have more. therefore, i would say that a cable fly forces more strands to contract in the center chest for the mere purpose of efficiency and range of motion- my arms are closer to the center line. my conclusion is that the chest can be worked in different areas depending on the range of motion, and leverage incidental to the angle of the work because it is has a large area of origion.

whew. that took a while to put into words!!

I agree on the stimulate, not annihilate theory. I use to literally annihilate myself back in high school. I trained TOO ahrd, TOO long and TOO often. Then I went way to the other end ala HIT and Mentzer stuff. Got pretty strong, but lacked and real significant size gain do to lack of volume and infrequent training. Now I'm back to 4 days a week, each bodypart once a week, and never go to legit failure. I always stop 1-2 reps shy which is still a HARD set. By that I mean, I stop when I have completed the last full rep I can make, or I leave 1 rep in the tank. Because I don't train to "ABSOLUTE MOMENTARY MUSCULAR FAILURE" anymore, and because I listen to what my body tells me as to how hard to train it, how long an how often I am making the best gains ever in muscle development and strength. I think almost all programs suck ass nowadays. You gotta figure out what works for you and run with it. I guess this is what makes bodybuilding such a challenge. It takes years of different training methodolgies to learn how your body responds and what if favors. Hmm, seems I got a bit off topic. ;)

I hate to say it, but those last few reps (on my last few sets) are were the money is. This is how you grow, get stronger, and get used to handling heavier weights.

JUST KILL EVERYTHING.

Wow, it looks like I have a long road ahead of me. I am determined to get my whole chest to grow. I kind of understand what you guys have said about muscle growth.
Thanks alot, very informative stuff.

babybodybuilder2.5 said:
Wow, it looks like I have a long road ahead of me. I am determined to get my whole chest to grow. I kind of understand what you guys have said about muscle growth.
Thanks alot, very informative stuff.

Like I said everyone will have a different opinion on this.

You have to find what works best for you.

I have tried many different things and I know what works best for me, it may or may not work for you. My advice would be to try different things and mix it up from time to time. There is a lot of good advice on here, and I'm sure you'll experience results no matter what you decide. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom