Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would happen if I tried this real weird way of training

Horny

currently I use 35's on either side of the preacher curl bench for 10 reps for 4 full sets and then a fifth set where I can only do about 6. What would happen if I just decided to see how far I could push out my body in order to do as many number of sets of ten as possible with this same weight? Would I eventually be able to do like 10 sets of 10 with this weight? Would my arms get bigger like this or mainly just harder and more vascular since I would never be increasing the poundage. I am always very interested in trying strange rep/ set schemes such as this one.

imo,this would result in overtraining.go with somthing like 3 sets of 10,or 4 sets of 8 and when you can complete all sets with the weight,gradually move up.

It would be overtreaining if I did lots of other excercises too. However, 10 sets for biceps is not overtraining. I am going to try to work my way up to this just to see what happens.

For people on steroids, there isn't really a such thing as overtraining :). I don't know about your experiences, but I cannot lift so long/hard that i'm sore the next day, even if I were to strive towards overtraining. A welcomed change i might add.

Now if your not on steroids, or between cycles, this might be different. But otherwise, I think you can do however many excersizes you want.

you dont seem to understand solid spine, I want to wrok my way up to 10 sets of 10 at the same weight. I don;t want to move the weight up any further. That would mean stopping at whatever set I was no longer able to do 10 at until the next workout. Now its the 5 set.

At least not until I get my chest and tris back in proportion with my bis and back.

One thing you can do if you have a stubborn body part that will not grow, is to blast it everyday for 10 days and then give it a break, sometimes that helps me break plateau.

Top Bottom