Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Type Of Martial Artist R U??

BJJ, and Muay Thai. Train for real under the 6 time middleweight king of pancrase (youngest to win it too), and the teacher of the Muay Thai world Champion. They don't pussy train, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Kickboxing and Judo here. Haven't been around this board for awhile!. Nice to to it has a Martial Arts forum now.

BOUNCER.

Kane Fan said:
doyou like Aikido so far?
how practical do you think the throws are for use on a trained opponent?

well i think the kyokushin gave me the true grounding and taught me to move in. aikido is good to learn about the way i can babalance it all out.

the throws are fun, but i wouldn't use one unless an opponent really over commited. they are fun if a drunken fool tries to swing :artist: i just let them fall over without really touching them.

SPANKY: how long have u studied aikido.. and how long do you think it would take you to be able to proficiently use aikido moves on a skilled combatant?

thanks

Heres a Post I wrote describing my second class at my current school :

Okay , I went to my Xingyiquan class last night , it was my Second Lesson , and like , its N00berriffic ! (Including me) And here is what Happened :

We took ONE of the "Five Elements" (Crossing , in this Case - it looks KIND of like a perverted Western Boxing Uppercut that starts out as a Bodyhook , combined with a Step that Drives off the leg of the same Side as the Punch thats being Thrown , all while Stepping Away at a 45 Degree Angle from the Foot thats Driving and the hand gets Extended before the foot hits the Ground because you should be getting force from the Foot , NOT the Hand) , and we Drilled the Motion , Moving , for about 10 Minutes , to get it into our Bones nicely .

Then everyone put on their Gear :
Shin Guards
Forearm Guards
Boxing Gloves
Chest Protectors
Judogi

were all available for use , but some of the more Seasoned (From other systems) used Less . I , Myself only wore a Judogi .

What did we use Crossing for Today ? Defeating the MT/TKD Round Kick , Throws , and Takedowns . For 2.5 Hours , tens of Thousands of Kicks were Thrown , in 5 Minute segments per Partner (So everyone worked with everyone Else more than once , and didnt get into Ruts) , and they were thrown Deceptively , at differing Heights , Speeds , and Power Levels . I have a Lump from every time that I made a Mistake , or thought that I knew better than the Technique at hand and "Just Tried Something" . When I did it Correctly , I stopped the Blow with Minimal Effort , no matter WHO was doing the Kicking , and was able to get the Grapple , Throw , or Takedown . By the end the kicks weree coming FAST and HARD as ppl got more fammiliar with the move . Then we did Sung Xingyi Push Hands , one hand , and Two hand , then went Home .

It should be noted that at another class the same Element was used for Punching , and for a Takedown Defense that works pretty much like a Sprawl but leaves you able to Strike at Whim (well , as at whim as you can in a fight) .

Now thats what a Second Lesson student getts to do at My (New) school . (I observed before Joining , and last week was pretty much like This Week - but Rougher)

Spanky11 said:
well i think the kyokushin gave me the true grounding and taught me to move in. aikido is good to learn about the way i can babalance it all out.

the throws are fun, but i wouldn't use one unless an opponent really over commited. they are fun if a drunken fool tries to swing :artist: i just let them fall over without really touching them.

that's what most of the throws in aikido looked like to me
but there are probubly more practical ones to

I really think that ppl should have a Root in Shuaijiao before they try Aikido .

(For those that are unfamiliar , Shuaijio is to Judo's Standing Game as BJJ is to Judo's Ground game)

Djimbe said:
I really think that ppl should have a Root in Shuaijiao before they try Aikido .

(For those that are unfamiliar , Shuaijio is to Judo's Standing Game as BJJ is to Judo's Ground game)
can you go into more detail about the standing game being similar to judo's standing game.. and im guessin you mean judo as the style not as the sport correct?

thanks

i found this link http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/styles/shuaijiao.htm but it didnt really say much so im not sure if im in the right place or not

BOSSDAWG said:
WHAT type martial artist are u? DO U train for real or are u a member of a dancing mcdojo? Everyone sound off!!!

LOL McDojo LOL

Sounds like Bullshido talk to me :D

I hate strip mall senseis, I eat them for breakfast and shit them out before dinner.

Top Bottom