Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to do if stalling on max lifts ??

Nelsons books BBTruth and Bottom line have some great tricks....even PAVEL'S: POWER TO THE PEOPLE and BEYOND BODYBUILDING has a bunch of FANTASTIC exercises that you can incorporate into your current program to help you bust those problems. You can switch to EDT for a short run too...(Escalative Density Training) or serious supersetting for reps within a time limit....my bench went from 225 (seriously stuck) to 265 after a 4 week run of EDT.

Mixing it up is HUGE. Planning is huge too... GOOD POST!

SirDingo said:
My question is I can't continue to do the 5x5 all year, because if my max Bench today is almost 200lbs, then adding 5lbs to the bar just once a week is not that much, but for an entire full year that adds up to 250lbs added and makes a total of 450lbs BenchPress which I won't be doing in a year.

So when ya max out on the 5x5 what do I change to that still makes the muscles grow bigger and bulk me up still, but when you can no longer continue to keep adding weight to the bar every week ??

When you can't add 5 lbs per week anymore, you should buy microplates so that you can add 1-2.5 lbs per week. When you're stalling on most of your lifts even with microplates, reset the program with your new 5-rep maxes.

Sometimes, it also helps to drop one or two of the heavier warm-up sets before doing your work set.

mm107 said:
i think you need to consume more food =]

microplates

or even taking a week off, and coming back stronger...

But im still with the food..

"you cant overtrain, only under eating"

Last couple of weeks been really eating, and it is all healthy organic food, and now added Muscle Milk before bed every night, and plus Ons Whey after working out, but sometimes before bed I feel bloated or have a little belly don't want to get fat either

SirDingo said:
Last couple of weeks been really eating, and it is all healthy organic food, and now added Muscle Milk before bed every night, and plus Ons Whey after working out, but sometimes before bed I feel bloated or have a little belly don't want to get fat either

definaltey know what you mean, i dont like the muslcle milk pre bed, too many calories i feel, and like you said i feel bloated.

Do you have Pre-Workout and a Post Workout Shake? Great fuel for lifting...

How is your food consumption in the day?

If i knew more about your diet then i can say eat more, but it looks like your on the right track...I know when i need my lifts to go up, i just convince myself im in 'bulking phase' so a little belly doesnt matter, when summer comes its ECA/Cardio time to loose any extra fat.

Im like you tho, very concious about my weight....

If you eat ALOT of healthy food you should stay lean, but dont be afraid of carbs either, carbs are the lifters best freind.

Have you tried a bowl of oatmeal? or sweet potato 1hr before workout?

Top Bottom