Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What good are deadlifts?

dirtyboi, LOL damn son you are a damn joke... Go hide back under your mother's dress will you... your nonsense here is uncalled for.

F117A Active Stealth said:
Deadlifts increase your neural capacity (which equals to more overall strenght) as well as packing slabs of muscle to the rear of your body, which will translate into much easier growth potential of arms, legs, etc...

The thing you have to watch about deadlifts is that heavy deadlifting week after week will actually burn out your CNS and you'll find yourself stagnating and then losing strength.

do you suggest alternating weeks from heavy to light: 2 heavy 1 light...how does that sound slobber?

That is one option. Try it and see if it works. Another option is to alternate pulls with something else that works the same muscles. I.E. squats, GM's, or olympic lifts.

The principle that Westside powerlifters follow is that you will be able to train at 100% of your max every single week if you rotate your movements. For my Westside routine, I rotate low box squats, various GM's, and deadlift variations. Hit a PR each and every week, but on a different movement each week. The muscles and strength will continue to grow from the high intensity, but the CNS won't burn out.

Does that make sense?

My back has grown at such a freakish speed due to deads, I have to cut back on deads so I can still fit into my clothes. Even considering cardio.

Fucking sucks, lifes not fair :bawling:

dirtyboi said:
BicepT101 - omg, READ my post, and you might realize that my philosophy is like Frank Zane's " I would never do any exercise that didn't put muscle EXACTLY where I want it." In your rampant desire to "flame on", you are really showing base ignorance. If I didn't have anything important to say or ask, I guess I wouldn't be gettin flamed.
Frank Zane has alot a wacky ideas. I have a friend of mine that does HIT and it has gotten him nowhere. I don't think he really likes to workout.
If you want to talk about Frank Zane maybe we should bring SofaGeorge in the mix.

Top Bottom