Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What good are deadlifts?

Monday: Chest, Back
Tuesday: Quads, Hams
Wednesday: Biceps, Triceps
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Forearms, Low Back, Abs, Calves

I guess this is a good "beach muscle" routine. But if you want to put on size and strength it's very bad.

Chest and Back - You can't do justice to two major bodyparts working them on the same day.

Biceps, Triceps - Arms get their own special day, but we can't find time do deadlift?

Shoulders - By themselves? Nothing else? You're either overtraining them or you have extra time.

Forearms, Low Back, Abs, Calves - Lower back will be worked with deads. Calves on leg day. Abs at the end of whatever workout you choose.

Give back it's own "special day" do deads then, and bi's after.

Major muscle group/minor muscle group. That's how it should be done.

Old saying in BBing. "Take care of the big muscle groups the little ones will take care of themselves."

I have to be honest here. Back when I used to do deadlifts, I grew the most.

I'm gonna start doing them again. Definitely works EVERYTHING!

BicepT101 - omg, READ my post, and you might realize that my philosophy is like Frank Zane's " I would never do any exercise that didn't put muscle EXACTLY where I want it." In your rampant desire to "flame on", you are really showing base ignorance. If I didn't have anything important to say or ask, I guess I wouldn't be gettin flamed.

Deadlifts increase your neural capacity (which equals to more overall strenght) as well as packing slabs of muscle to the rear of your body, which will translate into much easier growth potential of arms, legs, etc...

Full_up-qp : I do 2 chest exercises and do a rowing exercise for back and then some pull over or pull down to finish up. Pretty easy to fit 4 exercise in 30 min.

Genarr3: I really can put a LOT of intensity into 4 exercises inside of a 1/2 hour. I admit that chest/back day is an ass kicker. Also, I am natural, so I don't go for much volume training - just brief intense workouts.

dirtyboi said:
BicepT101 - omg, READ my post, and you might realize that my philosophy is like Frank Zane's " I would never do any exercise that didn't put muscle EXACTLY where I want it." In your rampant desire to "flame on", you are really showing base ignorance. If I didn't have anything important to say or ask, I guess I wouldn't be gettin flamed.

You use 'omg', then compare yourself to Frank Zane. The bros who read that will die laughing, especially seeing your 30min lift/30min cardio split... you gotta be kidding me.

You call bicepts101 ignorant. This man has more knowledge in his big toe than you do in your entire body. Probably more muscle as well.

If you DID have anything important to say or ask, you wouldn't be getting flamed. As it is, you're up to your neck being burned at the stake! "OMG, Do your own math, like, okay?"

-M

Top Bottom