Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are your 5-10 golden rules of bodybuilding? outline of your "philosophy"

Valdez

:yawn:

In the Gym

#1. never weight train longer than 1.5 hours at a stretch.
#2. never train more than 2 days in a row, ever.
#3. never train more than 4-5 days a week, ever.
#4. thou must goeth ass to the floor when doing squats
#5. a set isn't a good working set unless you go to complete failure or beyond by doing forced reps, and drop sets.
#6. always eat a post-workout meal containing either dextrose or sugar (approx 1g per kg of LBM) and 2 scoops of whey protein within 45 minutes of last set of workout, if doing cardio... the second you step off the treadmill.
#7. cardio must be done after weightlifting or in the morning before breakfast and never under 25 min or ever ever over 60 min.

Out of the Gym

#1. eat frequently, a little protein in every meal
#2. no smoking no drinking (maybe a couple beers or some wine in a months time, but no more.)
#3. do not eat a meal both high and sugar/carbs and high in fat, unless it is whole foods and clean (or a cheat meal)
#4. eat 1g per lb of bodywieght in protein and 2.5-3.5g of carbs (complex) per lb of bodyweight if bulking, .5-1g per lb if cutting.
#5. try to get 8 hours sleep a night.

that's mine off the top of my head.

Consistency,commitment,dedication,focus,concentration,intensity,lift heavy,compound movements,train legs hard,believe in yourself and what you are doing,go home..eat and rest...repeat until huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rules:

1: always always atleast inculde the squat or/and the deadlift in ur routine
2: drink a gallon of whole milk a day (for bulking)
3: use good sups like creatine , mutli vitamins and protien powders
4: always have a goal in mind to train for
5: increase the work load every week
6: flex and strech beteew sets
7: play good music in the background to get urself sight up for ur workout

Well, I can't really think of 5 or 10 particular rules right off the top of my head, but I can list what I think is the most important and yet overlooked aspect of training...

COME TO THE GYM MENTALLY PREPARED !!! A workout is useless unless you are psyched, prepared for pain, and ready to connect with a muscle, feel it contract, and train it into oblivion. Mental preparation is the key and is too often overlooked.

I like to come home from work, use the bathroom, change clothes, and start stretching. Stretching is extremely underrated. It loosens the muscles, warms the joints, get the blood flowing a little, and allows me time to start thinking about what I have on tap for the day. What will be I training? What exercises, sets and reps will I be doing? How do I want achieve my pump? What kind of burn will exercise X cause? How will the weight feel in my hands? I must be ready for all of this.

Then it's out the door and into the truck for the 5 minute ride to the gym. Now it's time for Metallica (loud!) or something else hardcore to get my mind in the trenches and put some gravel in my gut.

The mental preparation doesn't stop once I'm in the gym. I like to imagine myself (especially doing the heavy, compound stuff like squats) with the weight on my shoulders...and then imagine myself performing these movement with great form, using the muscles they're intended to hit...with powerful completion of each rep. I envision what I want to look like, how big and shredded I'll eventuall be. That keeps me going when the pain starts yelling at me to quit.

After all that, the actual lifting itself is just completing what my mind has already envisioned.

I always start with mental preperation, loud music and thinking about what I am going to be doing, get the testosterone going!! if something interrupts this, like an argument or something, I have to go through the whole process again. i suppose that is kind of superstitious!! but mental preperation is the key to everything.

i am very self-critical, I could probably keep lifting until I was unable to walk or move my arms at all, I am never satisfied with my workouts until I feel the soreness the next day and am always telling myself I can do far better.

i have a bad habit or sometimes being too ambitious with heavy weight, form is paramount.

i hate spotters, most of them dont know how to do it properly and always want a conversation, call me boring but the gym isnt a social event for me, its to get the physique I want, gym warfare!!

Liberator said:

i am very self-critical, I could probably keep lifting until I was unable to walk or move my arms at all, I am never satisfied with my workouts until I feel the soreness the next day and am always telling myself I can do far better.

i have a bad habit or sometimes being too ambitious with heavy weight, form is paramount.

I can relate. :cool:

Top Bottom