Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are your 5-10 golden rules of bodybuilding? outline of your "philosophy"

I'd like to add one...

Never be satisfied.

There is always something you can improve on, whether you like it or not.

And I agree with everyone else as well.

Don't look at the girls between sets!!!!!!!

I know this one sucks, but it just screws up your workout. Go and talk to them afterwards when you are all pumped up. Nothing breaks the concentration more than seeing some tight thing bouncing on the stepper!!

Tuna Guy said:

This is a common misconception that big guys know more than smaller guys. Dan Duchaine was a small guy and Will Brink is a small pussy. Who would you rather listen to, some stupid big guy whose never had to struggle to put muscle on, or a smaller with bad genetics guy whot had to pay attention to everything little detail in his training and diet?

My golden rule is not to let your ego get the best of you: proper form always.

Always take before pictures of yourself. Sometimes you cannot see positive changes in your body, and you feel like you haven't progressed. Pics will tell you everything.

Listen to your body.

blood_drinker said:
.:FRlol: lol @ id rather be lifting..:FRlol:
your reply was even more ignorant than his.:FRlol:
bl00d:D

Explain please.

What I was saying is that I know some huge mofos, that don't know shiat about lifting. Some have never lifted. Does this mean they know more than me? Just because they are bigger? I think not. Saying that would be an ignorant statement, thanks!

I concur, as example Flex Wheeler is huge ,but he doesnt know much about the science of training. He's just very gifted, roided way out and syntholed. Not to pick on Flex, just to make a point

In the Gym

#1. never weight train longer than 1.5 hours at a stretch.

*** I agree

#2. never train more than 2 days in a row, ever.

*** Never say ever when it come to strength training, there are only generalizations in most cases.

#3. never train more than 4-5 days a week, ever.

*** Ever hear of Periodization?

#4. thou must goeth ass to the floor when doing squats

*** If your body allows for that particular ROM, if not do what you can do.

#5. a set isn't a good working set unless you go to complete failure or beyond by doing forced reps, and drop sets.

*** Well thats a big misconception if I ever heard one.
Explain why someone "MUST" go to complete failure or beyond.

#6. always eat a post-workout meal containing either dextrose or sugar (approx 1g per kg of LBM) and 2 scoops of whey protein within 45 minutes of last set of workout, if doing cardio... the second you step off the treadmill.

*** You can wait longer. Too many times people are preaching this and extolling the virtues of quickly "fueling up". Your so called window of oppurtunity will stay open longer than that.

#7. cardio must be done after weightlifting or in the morning before breakfast and never under 25 min or ever ever over 60 min.

*** Cardio can be done under 25 mins. Ever heard of Interval training?

Last edited:
Top Bottom