Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Treasure's new life: a journal

Thanks, Need2.

Okay, I f'd up. I've been measuring my food, but keep my paper log by the stove so I can write things down as I measure and add them to my food. Well, in getting ready for our (hopefully soon) move, I packed up my cookbooks and accidentally packed my log with it. I've been eating basically the same way I had been before, only I've upped my shakes to two or three times a day while cutting out solid food snacks, and I've started adding egg whites to my chicken salads.

Today hasn't been entered into my food tracker yet but here it is so far:
Breakfast:
1 egg
5 egg whites
1/2 cup onion/bell pepper mix

Snack 1:
1c Light Vanilla silk
2 scoops muscle milk
2c frozen strawberries
(Makes something similar to the protein fluff, but it doesn't fluff as much. This has more the texture of a true pudding, or a whipped yogurt, but it does deflate as it warms up.)

Lunch:
4oz Romaine Lettuce
8oz Chicken breast
1/4c Feta crumbles
4 egg whites
1oz almond slices
1 cup of fresh salsa

Snacks two and three will be a repeat, or near repeat of snack 1. Dinner will probably be either a repeat of lunch or some salmon.

At the beginning of February, I plan to start some light lifting. Any suggestions on that score?

Good job in here Treasure! :)

What are you thinking in regards to the lifting? What equipment do you have?

No real thoughts on a split yet, but I know I'll have to go slow and take it easy.

Hubby is converting the dining room into a home gym for me. I have a Spinning bike and step for cardio. For lifting, I have a set of dumbells, resistance bands, pull up bar, an 8 month old, 3yr old, 9yr old, and miscellaneous household objects. I also have a ballet bar and will be picking up a set of barbells w/bench soon.

Right now, I'm walking for cardio, so I feel like it's time to add in some light weights and maybe a bodyweight workout of some kind. I'm not quite ready to pick yoga or pilates up, but that will be coming later.

My immediate goal is to be doing twice a days by Easter.

Having another bout of insomnia so bad, that by lunch I literally can't make my eyes focus. (Makes teaching the kiddos and grading papers a BREEZE! /sarcasmoff)

20 mins walk/jog. (Didn't come anywhere close to leaving it all on the mat. I hate knowing that I didn't go all out, but had to save 'spoons' for the rest of the day.)

Breakfast:
5.9oz Chicken breast
5 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup of jet fuel (only 120 calories)
Liquid multi-vitamin
Liquid B Complex

Snack 1
1c Light chocolate silk
35g Muscle Milk

Lunch:
Nothing

Snack 2
1c Light Vanilla Silk
70g Muscle Milk
1c Strawberries
1c Mango

Last edited:
Having another bout of insomnia so bad, that by lunch I literally can't make my eyes focus. (Makes teaching the kiddos and grading papers a BREEZE! /sarcasmoff)

20 mins walk/jog. (Didn't come anywhere close to leaving it all on the mat. I hate knowing that I didn't go all out, but had to save 'spoons' for the rest of the day.)

Breakfast:
5.9oz Chicken breast
5 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup of jet fuel (only 120 calories)
Liquid multi-vitamin
Liquid B Complex

Snack 1
1c Light chocolate silk
35g Muscle Milk

Lunch:
Nothing

Snack 2
1c Light Vanilla Silk
70g Muscle Milk
1c Strawberries
1c Mango

Hey girl! How are you feeling now? Is insomnia a regular thing for you? How late is your last meal?

Baby steps lady!! You are just working your way back into this. Walking/jogging at a moderate level a few times a week is better than giving it your everything and not being able to move for a week.

Keep Trucking :)

Hey girl! How are you feeling now? Is insomnia a regular thing for you? How late is your last meal?

Usually my last meal is somewhere in the 6-8pm window so I can have dinner with Hubby who doesn't get home until 6ish. Otherwise I'd not eat after 4:30 since I get up at 4:30. Physically, I'm exhausted, but with everything going on around here my mind is a beehive of activity making sure I get everything done that I need to do today, etc. Insomnia isn't so much a regular thing for me as an intermittent thing. I'll have weeks of decent sleep hours and quality, then I'll go for awhile not able to sleep nights at all. This is actually pretty standard for the women in my family. Based on the waking/sleeping hours both my Aunt and Grandmother are vampires and my mother is not far behind them. I've just always been a morning person. For me, sleeping in is sleeping till 7ish? 8ish?
A late night is 10 or 11. Last night, I didn't get to sleep until 2:30am this morning.

Baby steps lady!! You are just working your way back into this. Walking/jogging at a moderate level a few times a week is better than giving it your everything and not being able to move for a week.

I'm trying to remember that, believe me. I've just ALWAYS been the kind to hit it hard and leave it all on the mat. I HATE having to hold myself back. When I hold myself back (admittedly for good reason) I just keep hearing my coach and her, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body!" or "A body that's sore is telling you that you need more of what made it sore, so go do it again!" If squats made me sore, and I didn't have an actual injury, squats were in my 'diet' a couple times a week (or more) until they stopped hurting. If sprints made me hurt, more sprints showed up, etc. The reason I'm aiming for twice a days is because I just do better that way. If I only exercise once a day say, 3 days a week, I turn into the procrastinator from HELL! I know I do best with a morning session, and an evening session 6 days a week... (or at least I did.) I know I have to go low and slow right now, doesn't stop me from railing at the limitations.

Hey girl. Just a tip...ease into the two a days. That can really burn you out and lower your immune system. You don't want to get sick and have all your hard work go to waste.

Unless you're prepping for a show or a collegiate/pro athlete, two a days isn't really necessary. I know you want to meet your goal, just be careful.

Thanks for the advice Psizzle. Right this moment I'm doing a 20 min walk in the am. In two weeks, I'll be going to 15 minutes in the am and 15 in the evenings. That is, I will be as long as I'm doing well with the morning walk and maintaining my current daily schedule.

Why two 15's when one good 25-30 min session would be great?

Since I am dealing with MS and chronic pain, I have a limited amount of physical activity I can do on any given day. I prefer to do my workout before the butt crack of dawn, but if I use all my available "spoons" (energy/available physical activity) at that time, then I can't do the other normal daily things I need to do. Also, by splitting my workout into two sessions it's gentler while still increasing fitness and endurance. Shorter bouts of cardio spaced through the day is believed, by some people to cause an increase in base metabolism. Whether they do or not, it's a cheater way for me to get more spoons for a single day than I would normally have.

Top Bottom