Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

total body workout?

i've been doing 5*5 for about 5 yrs on and off.
i do it free flow, proly should get more orgainized...but every few weeks i switch up the compounds and microload with the 2.5 lbs plates.
then i wave up up the reps for a month or so.
meh

I'm so fucking anal about this shit. Yeah, I plan my workouts ahead, so I know what weights I will be using next Wednesday lol. It don't always work in my favor, but with programs like the 5x5 or programs that go off of percentages it usually works out.

Check this one out.... it's along the same lines as the 5x5...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/5-3-1-program-647742.html

I'm so fucking anal about this shit. Yeah, I plan my workouts ahead, so I know what weights I will be using next Wednesday lol. It don't always work in my favor, but with programs like the 5x5 or programs that go off of percentages it usually works out.

Check this one out.... it's along the same lines as the 5x5...

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/5-3-1-program-647742.html

i used to keep a real good training log, for like 3-4 yrs i did and still have the notepads.
haven't got around to starting anew...and that looks fun, i wish i had a buddy to help spot...plus i don't have a squat rack, only a smith machine and no rack so squatting is fuct up...front squats and smith squats only.
and it sucks benching without a rack solo, dangerous

I am at the very start of Bill Starr 5x5 Intermidiate. I know the program, says DO NOT ADD any other exercises but can we make it something like the previous forum writer? I mean keep the basics MON/WED/FRI and the core exercises as the program says but add a couple more quick exercises like triceps etc?

I am at the very start of Bill Starr 5x5 Intermidiate. I know the program, says DO NOT ADD any other exercises but can we make it something like the previous forum writer? I mean keep the basics MON/WED/FRI and the core exercises as the program says but add a couple more quick exercises like triceps etc?

I personally do not see a problem in this. I will advice to spend a few weeks geting a feel for the program and your recovery before adding anything extra.

I add a few iso lifts in circuit fashion to Monday and Wednesday. Usually something like hammer curls, pushdowns, and standing calf raises for 2-3 sets of 12-15. If any of the extra lifts take away from the core lift recovery, drop them.

Top Bottom