Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

torn acl

Hey bro, we do this surgery on a daily basis. First off, getting aids from an allograft ( the achilles tendon graft ) is next to impossible. The graft is freeze dried and tested for everything. The way we do our ACL's is by using an auto graft. Meaning we use part of your own patella tendon as the graft. What we do is take about a 10mm bone block from the patella and split the patella tendon down to the point where it attaches to the tibia. This way you are getting back a graft taken from your own body and it has not been frozen at 200 degrees below zero for the past 6 mos. I dont care who you talk to, I have done this surgery literally thousands of times, this method works the best. Rehab is much quicker, basically cause you are not trying to stretch out a graft that has been frozen since the stone age. Also from expierence, the achilles grafts usually are a little long between the bone blocks which could lead to an instability in the knee. If your Dr. insists on using a cadaver graft, tell him to get with the times and at least use a patella tendon graft. Basically the only reason Docs use a cadaver graft or allograft is so they can save about 30 min off their operative time. My opinion to you my friend would be to get a second opinion from another doc, and do not let him send you to one of his partners either. Drop me an email or PM if you have any other questions and good luck.

I AGREE W/ LATIMIER~

I do Rehab training and have done quite a few ACL, MCL, Ttoal Knee replacemnts, etc. The graft methiod he mentions is the most popular. to be honest, I havent heard of the Cadav being done in quite some time. Get A 2nd opinion.

Now... The surgery in important, but your rehab.. is KING to your success!!!! No shit!!! YOU HAVE TO REHAB PROPERLY W/ 100% COMMITMENT!!! Get a good therepaist and be deligent..no slacking .... your results for full range of motion and strentgh will come in the first 8 weeks ..you can't say "oh, i'll train harder later when it hurts less" you got one shot at getting it back right!!!

Get the right Surgery, perform the right rehab and youll be fine!!

yeah, and rehab doesnt end when the therapist releases you... you will have to focus on that area always, like it's an extra body part for you to train!!

good luck!

The same thing happened to me, but I took my time and rehabbed my knee. My reconscructed knee feels better than my regular one.

have to agree with latamier... ive had both acls replaced and both were grafts.

I was back from the 1st surgery, sprinting for my track team in 6 months. Just be sure to try to strengthen it as much as possible before you have surgery and also make sure to not slack off on rehab. Alot of people have actually recovered and been stronger and faster than before the surgery. Make sure to explore the options thoroughly...

good luck

You'll need to be focused on training hamstrings.....your physiotherapist will show you how.......it's ok though cuz i've never seen anyone with hamstrings that got too big.

The reason behind hamstring training is that they protect the ACL. Before surgery get them as strong as possible that way you'll have a jump on rehab.....even though the new ACL won't be as strong as the old one for 1 year.....you should be back in 6 months full bore!:fro:

I was lucky enough to have one of the best Sports Medicine guys in the country do my ACL. I was doing leg presses in the Sports med clinic three days after the surgery, the shearing motions are what you have to avoid. Regardless, you may feel fine in six months but it takes two to three years before it's as good as or better than your old ACL. BTW, They used my own transplant tissue so there was no chance of rejection or contracting HIV. Good luck bro.

I hurt my knee playing basketball .Luckilly I hurt while I was at work,so iam on comp right now with full pay ,untaxed.

Torn ACL's are nothing but PAIN. I hope mine doesnt fuck up again.

Top Bottom