Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

this is ridiculous but is anyone else uncomfortable at the gym?

smallmovesal

i still have trouble being comfortable at the gym. the best thing would be to have someone who knew their stuff with me so i don't have to try new excercises by myself and stuff. i know this is stupid but i really am damn afraid of the smith machine and i don't want to do deadlifts in front of other people until i know what i'm doing...

isn't this silly?

not ridiculous, everyone has to start somewhere...

rather than wondering around lost, go find the best looking guy who has the best form in the gym and go ask him if you can work in with him... or you can just go the easy way out and get a trainer for a few weeks who can show you the ropes... make sure you watch the trainers at your gym and choose one who's style you like and you feel you can learn the most from

ok.. i have one question.. its a serious one and it is not meant to be offensive or sarcastic be any means.. ok so here goes. ya know under all our names.. it says..novice..pro body builder, olympian..etc.. is that ur fitness level or like how many posts u have or something cause im confused... ur afraid of the smith machine but ur an olympian? ok.. now to address ur question.. YES i feel weird when i have to do deadlifts. almost every time i start my deadlifts.. some perv just so happens to get on the machine behind me :p i can see them checking my ass out through the mirror. it makes me feel sooo uncomfortable but i dont want them to think they intimidate me so i keep on doin my thang. i agree w/ phem.. find a hottie, play "girl" this way u can learn ur what u need to know any get to know a damn hottie too!!!. if u feel more comfortable asking another woman who knows what they are doing do that then...either way just keep going and try not to let anyone or anything intimidate u. people can pick up on when someone feels uncomfortable.. walk around like u own the place:D

kb- the title under your name has to do with your posts... i can't remember the exact ranges, but i made PRO yesterday !! :)

Phemomena said:
kb- the title under your name has to do with your posts... i can't remember the exact ranges, but i made PRO yesterday !! :)
OOOOOOHHHH that stinks.. and all this time i thought it meant peeps fitness levels. my goodness... was i ever misguided:rolleyes: hey hey..my hardcore buddy made it to the pros.. congrats luv!!! im still a stinky little... i dont know.. what does it say under my name.. ahhh whatever!! im upset now:bawling:

Phemomena said:
ahhh stop your whining... go bump a few hundred posts or something :)
LMAO.. ur an ass!!! ahhhhh but an alright ass in my book, LOL.. good advice BTW.. im startin my bumps now;)

I would find yourself a good trainer to work with for a while. So you learn technique and some different workouts you can use. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing or thinking.....Just be concerned about learning how to lift properly and effectively!

The gym is an awkward place for me too! All the machines are a pain in the ass to get on, I look like a doofus but thats life, the only thing I do stay away from is free weights I feel dumb up against the men but my husband helps with weights at home and as soon as Im comfotable Ill be right next to them. Once you get comfy you'll tear shit up!

target said:
The gym is an awkward place for me too! All the machines are a pain in the ass to get on, I look like a doofus but thats life, the only thing I do stay away from is free weights I feel dumb up against the men but my husband helps with weights at home and as soon as Im comfotable Ill be right next to them. Once you get comfy you'll tear shit up!

you're really limiting yourself there, ask someone who has good form or hire a trainer to show you a few free weight exercises... free weights are far superior to most machines.. you'll use more muscle fibre and build a much more solid base with the db/bb...

i strongly encourage all new to the gym (and in good health) to jump into the free weight from the beginning (with strict form)... that's where you'll see the most gains and make the most progress...

Top Bottom