Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The scale

slat1

We all know it is meaningless. I hate the damn thing. I get on it before and after every workout. It has totally screwed my head up and I can no longer see what progress I am making because my mind instantly judges everything by the numbers I see on there.
I gained a few pounds the last two weeks. 244 to 247. My goal was to start leaning out. For some stupid reason I came up with a number... 230. So now I look for justification from the scale.
This last weekend I took two days off. That meant no scale. A funny thing happened. I noticed I am more lean. My waist is smaller. I can see my abs relaxed just when I am breathing. I look WAY better than two weeks ago. I thought I was getting worse!
It looks like it is time for me to break my scale addiction.
Anyone else do something stupid like I do when it comes to the scale?

I get on the scale 3 times before i even leave the house at 7am as if its going to change. I have the same addiction.

I wouldn't say the scale is meaningless, it just isn't the final say. If you are in shape and gaining muscle then don't worry about the scale...pay attention to BF% and measurements. If you are out of shape and weigh 300lbs then the scale is a great motivator. If I binge superbowl weekend on pizza and chicken wings and gain 5 lbs then the scale is helpful in reminding me not to indulge that much and motivating me to work harder. But if I eat healthy, workout hard but my period starts one weekend and I gain 5lbs then the scale is of no use. (Of course being on my period means I still throw it out the window and then blame my husband).

Rebecca D:mix:

I also watch the scale closely and also watch that of the ladies I help and can immediately predict there cycle coming on , have also spotted three pregnancies before they even knew lol

What has got me lately is the one girl weight has been up and down the last week or so but we can't break the lowest point she has been , that said her clothes an pants are now way to big from just two weeks ago to the point where she has to go buy more , I can't explain it to her ?

I also watch the scale closely and also watch that of the ladies I help and can immediately predict there cycle coming on , have also spotted three pregnancies before they even knew lol

What has got me lately is the one girl weight has been up and down the last week or so but we can't break the lowest point she has been , that said her clothes an pants are now way to big from just two weeks ago to the point where she has to go buy more , I can't explain it to her ?

Wow CSB.. does their weight get heavier prior to their period.. also what was the tell with the pregnancies, how did you know?

With regards period If I have been getting steady loss then nothing or a rise in a few pounds then 9 times out if ten its always period onset unless there has been some sort of dietary changes we have made like increased carbs etc or there water intake dropped a few days

I keep a very close eye on them , I go against tradition and they usually weigh daily every morning so over time you get a pretty good idea of the daily fluctuations and it forms a pattern , directly after cheat day they usually go up by x amount then say 2 to 3 days later they back to normal then steady decline over the next few days and then back up after cheat , nothing set in stone but when that stops its usually hormone fluctuations etc

With regards pregnancy again because they always reporting back on energy levels weight , monitor mood swings etc , have some on keto so mood is a good indicator for me for when they have dropped into keto, so when they have sudden weight gain , become emotional , and I can't explain it via diet , the increase continues a few weeks , they feel tired and lethargic , and the obvious feeling nauseous , it's a good indicator they pregnant and usually suggest they go get tested lol

Also what I have found with alot of the ladies is this , coming from eating badly for some time then all of a sudden they eating healthy , loads of healthy fats etc they become more fertile lol

It's not an exact science lol just things I pick up along the way and for the most part have proven pretty accurate

After posting that yesterday I, of course, got on the scale. Well, I was down to 244. So now I am all happy and I will probably get on the damn thing again tonight.
I am traveling for two weeks coming up so no scale. It will be nice. There may be one at the gym I use but at least I can't look at the damn thing all day!

With regards period If I have been getting steady loss then nothing or a rise in a few pounds then 9 times out if ten its always period onset unless there has been some sort of dietary changes we have made like increased carbs etc or there water intake dropped a few days

I keep a very close eye on them , I go against tradition and they usually weigh daily every morning so over time you get a pretty good idea of the daily fluctuations and it forms a pattern , directly after cheat day they usually go up by x amount then say 2 to 3 days later they back to normal then steady decline over the next few days and then back up after cheat , nothing set in stone but when that stops its usually hormone fluctuations etc

With regards pregnancy again because they always reporting back on energy levels weight , monitor mood swings etc , have some on keto so mood is a good indicator for me for when they have dropped into keto, so when they have sudden weight gain , become emotional , and I can't explain it via diet , the increase continues a few weeks , they feel tired and lethargic , and the obvious feeling nauseous , it's a good indicator they pregnant and usually suggest they go get tested lol

Also what I have found with alot of the ladies is this , coming from eating badly for some time then all of a sudden they eating healthy , loads of healthy fats etc they become more fertile lol

It's not an exact science lol just things I pick up along the way and for the most part have proven pretty accurate
Very interesting CSB, one of the girls I used to work with joined my gym and must have got pregnant within weeks.. she was trying for two years prior without success!!
I'm not a scale person, but I find it really interesting!!

Top Bottom