Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Comeback Tour (No Excuses) - KB's Online Training Journal

Good to see your rehab is going well. I know how it is with an injury, though havent injured my shoulders yet. Just be patient and youll be back before you know it, hitting it hard. It seems long now, but a few months is nothing in this lifelong process. Keep it up brother!!

WalkingBeast said:
Good to see your rehab is going well. I know how it is with an injury, though havent injured my shoulders yet. Just be patient and youll be back before you know it, hitting it hard. It seems long now, but a few months is nothing in this lifelong process. Keep it up brother!!

Thanks Beast. you said it best, you gotta be patient and realize that this is a lifelong "thing of ours".

Tom Treutlein said:
Keep it coming man. What's your new split look like?

thanks bro.

Monday: Back / Traps
Deadlifts
BB row
Lat pulldown
Shrugs

Tuesday: Chest / Abs
Incline flyes (about the only chest movement I can do w/ my injury, and it doubles up as shoulder rehab)
Crunches (weighted)
Leg Raises

Wed: Off

Thurs: Legs
Lying leg crls
Leg ext.
Seated calf raises
Standing calf raises
20-rep squats

Fri: Shoulders / Arms
Lat side raises
Front cable raises
BB curls
Hammer crls
Close grip bench presses
Skull crushers (if they don't hurt the shoulder too much)

5 days a week I begin my w/o with rotator cuff exercises:
Standing upper trap (raise DB halfway between your side and front)
Seated DB cleans
Lying l-flyes
Bent over side lats
(All high rep, low weight)

I also do cardio 7x a week, 45 minutes.
Gotta get back to 100% so I can start lifting some serious weight.

Tuesday Chest /Abs weight: 174
Rot. cuff work:
Standing upper trap:
5x15
5x15
DB cleans:
5x15
5x15
L-fly
5x15
5x15
B.O. Side lats:
10x15
10x15

Incline Flyes:
8x15
8x12
8x12
8x12

Only chest work I can do with the injury (no pushing, pressing). It was actually part of my rot cuff movements originally, but was too much on the shoulder to do 5x week. Still is a bitch, but not too bad.

Ab machine:
80x20 (move to 90)
100x20
100x20
100x20

Decline sit ups:
BWx15
BWx15
BWx12

Abs day after back day is not the best combo. Add in laying leg raise/holds. Bump decline sit ups down to 2 sets, weighted.
Try to increase rot cuff exercises weight every 2 weeks, but don't push it. I hate not being able to work chest. I have set 6.28 as a goal date to begin pushing/pressing movements again.

Buy a fucking MP3 player, tape player, Walkman, or just bring in a 1984 boombox so you don't have to listen to Coldplay remixes while deadlifting!

super_rice said:
am i the only one here that enjoys coldplay?

lol! don't hijack my training journal with your coldplay posts! j/k. I don't mind them, but not when I am lifting, ya know?

KillahBee said:
Thanks Beast. you said it best, you gotta be patient and realize that this is a lifelong "thing of ours".

Sometimes thats the hardest part!! I was as impatient as possible during this injury, going out of my mind, more so then usual. But now that the waiting is over, my fury is stronger then ever and Im already breaking previous bests. Youll come back stronger no doubt. Keep it up!

Thursday Legs weight: 174
Rot cuff work:
Upp tr:
5x15
5x15
DB cleans:
5x15
5x15
L-fly:
5x15
5x15
BO side lats:
10x15
10x15

Squats (High rep):
95x8
115x20
115x20
95x20
95x20

WOW! First time I have really done high rep squats. Talk about an exercise that makes you contemplate life/death! Had to drop the weight by half of what I normally do. Struggled to hit 20 reps, but pushed thru it and did 'em. LOVED IT! Also made effort to keep knees from flaring out to avoid the hip pain I have been getting recently - seemed to work. Also concentrated on pushing my hips back on the way down, instead of thinking about leaning back in general - also worked to make it a smoother motion.

Leg. ext:
70x20
70x20
70x20
50x20

Once again, WOW! After 20-rep squats, the last thing you wanna do is 4 sets of 20-rep extensions. Loved these too!

Lying ham curl:
50x20
50x20
50x20
50x20

Start first set @ 60 next time.

BB calf raise on Smith machine:
185x20
185x20
185x20
185x20

Seated calf raise:
45x20
45x20
55x20
55x20

Start at 55, then work down to 45.

Notes:
Felt GREAT leaving the gym today. It feels good to be able to really push myself, since I can't with all my upper body work just yet.
On leg day need to get to gym even earlier, as rest between sets today is a little longer than usual.

Funny gym related stuff:
Dropped my pen at the end of the workout on my way back to the locker room - took about 5 minutes to pick it up!
Got to work at 8 am and made my PWO meal #2 - chicken, br. rice, and yams. Of course there were about 8 other people in the kitchen and the looks/comments I got were friggin priceless!

Top Bottom